Chapter Fourty One

*Alan's POV*

We all hid in the bathroom, worried if Rachel came home early. Austin was pressed against my side, clutching my arm tightly. Jordan was on other side, holding onto her phone for dear life. I didn't blame her, it was a lifeline. Our lifeline.

Austin started to shake and hold onto me tighter. I lifted my arm up and draped it over his shoulders, pulling him closer to me. I kissed the top of his head and leant my head back staring at the roof. I looked down at his frail body, curled up in a defenceless ball next to me. I sighed to myself.

"We're getting out of here guys. We're actually getting out." I whispered.

Suddenly all of us were crying, holding onto each other, praying to whatever was up there that we would actually be okay. I heard sirens coming closer and we all stood up racing to the main room, desperate for a look outside. We heard the cars pull up and people getting out. There was a knock at the door.

"Police, open up!" A deep mans voice yelled.

"We can't its locked!" I screamed.

"The doors locked, get the ram." We heard the man yell.

"Okay I'm going to need everybody to stand away from the door, we're coming in to get you." The man called out.

I pulled Jordan and Austin away from the door, huddling into the corner. The 'ram' started to bash against the door, making us all jump with each smash. Suddenly the door broke and people ran into the building. The man that called out before came up to us and pulled us off the ground, all of us crying again.

"It's okay, you're safe now." He said quietly.

We're free.

We're free.

~~~~~~

We all sat in the back of an ambulance, medics examining us with extreme care. The three of us had to be together, as soon as one of us was apart, all hell broke loose. A female officer started walking towards us.

"Hello, I am Deputy Michael, you can call me Sue. I was the one speaking to you on the phone earlier. Would you be able to tell me where the other girl is? Rachel?" She asked.

Jordan panicked at the mention of her name, whimpering and crying, begging to keep her away.

"She goes to work every day. And she comes back at around four." I replied quietly.

"Do you know what she does for a job?" The officer questioned.

"No, she never said anything about it. But sometimes she came home with people and they..." I stopped, looking at Austin and Jordan beside me.

"What did they do?" Sue asked.

"They fucking... They fucked us! Austin and I! And she let them! But Alan couldn't do anything or she would kill him." Jordan screamed out, tears falling again.

Austin shuffled over to me and hid his face in my neck, sniffing and crying as well. I found his hand and held it tightly in my own.

"Okay. I'll be back in just a moment." Sue stated, before walking over to another officer.

Jordan was still screaming and crying out, lashing out at anybody who tried to touch her.

"Miss please calm down or we will have to sedate you." The young medic said to her.

"Please don't touch me! I want to go home! I want my mum!" She whimpered.

I held out my hand to her and she clutched it tightly with both hands, resting her head against it. The medic moved towards the back of the ambulance and I heard the words 'compulsory mental examinations' and shuddered. Austin must of heard it too and held onto me tighter. Sue came back over again.

"As we are currently unsure of Rachel's whereabouts, we will have to wait until she returns. We have a warrant for arrest but we will need to hold all of you for questioning so we can find out what actually happened. We will take you back to California for questioning there, and then we can reunite you with family members. Is that okay?" Sue stated rather than asking.

I nodded for the rest of the group. A couple of hours passed, and there was still no sign of Rachel. Jordan has fallen asleep and the medics were taking this opportunity to examine her. I looked over at her body, wincing almost instantly. She had infected sores and cuts over her torso and back, her thighs still had rope burns on them. I couldn't take anymore and looked at Austin instead. His eyes fell blankly on he body, not showing surprise or shock or anything. He hardly said anything since the phone call, he just held onto me in silence. I leant down and kissed his nose, trying to make him smile. His lips turned upwards but his eyes failed to shine.

"Shit, David, get in the car I think she's here." An officer called out.

I stood up and followed the officers, all of them pointing a gun at Rachel's van. She stepped out, anger and shock written all over her face.

"What the fuck i-" I saw her mouth.

"Put your hands behind your head! Now!" An officer yelled.

I counted how many were actually here. Five holding Rachel off, two in cars, one taking photos inside the house and deputy Michael. Nine people, who must be from a different state if we weren't in Cali. I looked over at Rachel and locked eyes with her. A burly male officer had her hands held cuffed behind her back, and upon seeing me she froze.

"Alan please! Please help me!" She called out.

I felt nothing. No empathy. No pity. Not even relief that things were okay. She made me feel hollow. She had destroyed us all so much in however long it had been. I stared at her until my eyes burned, then I turned and walked away.

***

Wowee! Two chapters in two days! Aren't you lucky!

Just a heads up that I'm not actually going to write out the actual interrogating bit because other it will get boring, like we know what happened, and we don't need a reminder.

But friends! Who's POV do we want next?

•Rachel

•Hailey or

•Austin

I have ideas for all of them, so I don't mind what you choose!

I love you all super super much!

Tash xox