Chapter 3

Sleepily waking up to the morning light shining through the window, I yawn and sleepily change into my school clothes. I brush my hair, eat, brush my teeth, and everything in the form of a sleep deprived zombie. I can feel myself nodding off, but I'm right at the door..

<RINGRINGRINGRING>

I jump up and yelp in shock of my phone going off. I look to see who's calling, but it's an unknown number. Reluctantly, I answer.

"Hello-"

"<Y/N>! Please explain why you're late!"

"...huh?"

"This is Megamo! You're late!"

"How did you get my num-"

"I bet you're wondering how I got your number. Simple, I looked into the school records and found it. HURRY!"

He immediately hung up.

Dumbfounded, I rush to school.

Upon entering the school doors, I'm out of breath and still here before any other students besides Megamo, who is now judgementally staring at me.

"Well, you didn't have to push your limits and rush here.."

My face turned red as I exclaim, "Well, what do you want from me, then!"

His eyes widen as he argues, "You obviously can't even take me seriously anyways!" I argue back, "Sorry your highness, you do realize we're both students, right?" His face flustered as he looked away and said, "Let's just get to my office, ok? We both have work to do." We rushed to his office and I got to work, sorting his emails, from the important ones that I weren't allowed to read because I didn't have a passcode given to me by the school board, and the fanmails sent from desperate girls around school..

I believe this is Google's definition of 'absurdity.'

After we finished our work, we walked over to the middle of the school by the fountain, Aso waiting for us. Aso patted Megamo and I on the back and asked, "So what kind of work did you two do?~" Megamo scoffed and my face reddened. Another male student with dark clothes, a mysterious book, and longer hair walked up and said, "Really, Aso? Stop that nonsense." Aso chuckled and patted the stranger boy, saying, "Oko Ruto, my man!" Oko sighed and pushed Aso's hand off his shoulder.

"Anyways," Oko asked, "When is the next meeting, Megamo?" Megamo answered, "Today, after school, as usual." I raised an eyebrow. "Meeting?" I asked. Oko explained, "On Wendesday nights, the leader for each club meet up and discuss things the Student Council President needs to know. You should be there, <Y/N>."

"How do you know my name?"

His eyes narrowed as he answered, "They told me..."

My heart jumped in shock, I could feel my palms sweat as he showed me the book he was clutching, one for the history of sacred rituals.

"...Dude, I'm kidding. I saw your name tag."

I look down at my name tag in disappointment. How dare it give away my name.

After a while, the bell rang for us to go to first class. Rushing towards our classes, everyone pushed around and I immediately felt myself getting lost in the crowd. I yelped as a girl pushed me aside by whacking me with her backpack on accident. I suddenly felt a hand forcefully grab my wrist and pull me through the crowd and into the classroom. Unsurprisingly, I looked up to see Megamo staring at me judgingly. I sigh and push him aside, and sit in my desk. Aso chuckles.

I hear Megamo mutter, "This is what I get for trying to be nice.."

Last time I checked, looking at someone sideways like that all the time isn't nice.

Does he seriously have problems with being nice?

After our morning classes end, we all rush to lunch. Megamo leads me to a lunch table in the cafeteria surrounded by the other club leaders. It's a full table of 16 students, so that's 15 club leaders and a secretary. Great.

Megamo instructs me, "Take notes." He then asks the table, "What will we be discussing tonight?" The leaders throw around ideas, their suggestions, and what they need to bring to attention at the meeting tonight and I jot down on a notebook what we'll be talking about. The conversation goes by so quickly that my head has spun in 15 different directions at 100mph. Afterwards, everyone separates to their friends and I stick close to Megamo.

"Did you copy down everything?"

"Yessir."

"Has every leader given a debatable topic?"

"Yessir."

"Everyone has also said they have club reports?"

"Yessir."

"Are you really saying 'sir'?"

"Not anymore."

He scoffed and we began talking about the topics. By 'talking' I mean he mumbled about it to himself and tuned me out somehow. He's probably used to doing everything himself. I want to feel bad for him, but if he judges me one more time I think I might freak.

Why does he even judge me so much anyways? There has to be some reason..

"<Y/N>!" He called out. I snapped out of my thoughts. "Yes?" I answered.

"Pay attention, will you?"

"No, I won't."

"Well, get used to paying attention."

"I'm good."

"Why are you like this?"

"Cause I can be."

The argument continued on forever. I took the chance to annoy him as much as possible.

A/N

Wow I've been gone for so long I am so sorry goodness school is just ya know crazy.