Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

"Samantha fucking Roberts, what on earth were you doing? Do you really use your head when you think, because I'm starting to believe that you think with your ass! Why did you let him in? I was standing in only a towel! What if I had dropped it by accident?", I yelled at Sam the very first moment our eyes met in the hallway.

"I wouldn't have minded if you dropped it", I heard Chris voice say somewhere behind me. "Fuck off", I said without turning around. Sam just giggled. "Sam! For real, why?"

"Just thought that it would be interesting", she said casually. "Well it sure was interesting, because it's not everyday a guy comes into my room when I'm half naked and tells me that he wanted to shower with me!". I heard Chris chuckle somewhere behind me again. "And could you please stop listening to our conversation?", I said and this time I turned to face him. I was furious. "You're cute when you're mad, you know", he smirked. "I think it would be cute if you left me alone for once", I hissed. I rolled my eyes and left those two idiots there. School is over for this week and I don't want to talk to any of them, so I'll just go write songs instead.

I always write songs when I feel a special feeling. It's my way of remembering special feelings, like Sam writes in her diary. And yes, there are plenty song written about Chris by now. I sat down by a piano in a practice room and started improvising a melody. After a few changes it could actually make a great song. I decided to make this song instrumental, with just piano and no singing.

After an hour it started to get boring, so I went for a long walk around London with me, myself, and my music. Every person I walked by reminded me of Chris in some way, they either had blue eyes or just a similar wonderful body. Seriously, what's happening to me? Why am I thinking about Chris in this way? I gotta say though that no matter how much he drives me crazy, I still like when he flirts with me. I've never been the girl with boys after her so I'm not so used to it. My phone suddenly started ringing. It was an unknown number. "Hello, this is Adelaide", I answered like I always did. "Hello Adelaide, we are calling from the London Philharmonic Orchestra"

The London Philharmonic Orchestra?! You've got to be kidding me? What do they want?

"O-okay?", I started nervously. "I'll go straight to what I want: our 3rd trumpet player is unfortunately at the hospital right now and the doctors says that he won't be able to play ever again. Right now we have no one to replace him and we thought we could see if anyone at the college plays the trumpet. And you're the only one, right?", he asked. "Yes, that's true"

"So I wonder if you could replace him for now, just this spring and maybe for a year or two?"

The London Philharmonic Orchestra wants me to join them. This is an opportunity that barely no one gets!

"Yes, I'd love to", I answered calmly but in reality I was jumping up and down and tried not to scream.

"Let's see, our next rehearsal is on monday. Are you able to make it on monday?"

"I guess so, where and when?", I said.

"8 o'clock in Royal Albert Hall", he answered totally casual.

Royal. Albert. Hall. Am I daydreaming?

"Okay, monday in Albert Hall then", I said and we finished the call.

Is this really happening?! Me, little Adelaide Marley, are playing with London Philharmonic Orchestra in Royal Albert Hall! This is just unbelievable, it's too good to be true. Without a second thought I ran back to the campus and to Jonny's dorm. I don't care if he and Sam are doing private stuff (if you know what I mean). I opened the door and half-yelled: "Jonny!"

Him and Chris were sitting on the floor, probably writing songs, but right now I didn't care about Chris at all. Nothing could ruin my happiness right now. "Adelaide!", he half-yelled back. "You'll never guess what just happened!"

"Let me guess...", he started. "How about you ran into a pink fluffy cow outside Taco Bell?".

Typical Jonny.

"It's better than that!"

"Oh my...what's better than a pink fluffy cow? You'll just have to tell me", he chuckled.

"Londonphilharmonicorchestrawantsmetoplaywiththemonmondayinroyalalberthall"

"Er, what? Could you please say that again?", he said and started to look really confused.

"London Philharmonic Orchestra wants me to play with them on monday in Royal Albert Hall"

Both Jonny's and Chris' eyes grew bigger. I told them the whole story about the trumpet player on the hospital and the phone call.

"Wow, congratulations", was all that Jonny could say and he hugged me really tight. I saw Chris looking strangely at us, but when we let go of each other Chris also hugged me and said "Congrats girl".

It felt like those two words were totally honest, no teasing or trying to be annoying. No flirting. He was just happy for me. I wonder what happened to the everyday-Chris...but I'm not going to complain, I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I stayed there for the rest of the night with the boys and we had a great time. I helped them write some songs too and when Chris left, me and Jonny were having a sleepover.

Just me and my best friend, just like it should be.

***

A/N:

Okay guys, so maybe noticed that I'm kind of obsessed with music ;) and yes, I play the trumpet (and other instruments too, but the trumpet is my main instrument). London Philharmonic Orchestra is kind of my dream, so yeah...

Well, have a great day!! :)

~kiwibananaxx