The More You Know

I had been spending every day with Jacob for the past three weeks.  We walked to classes together, ate lunch together, and we would hang out after school and on the weekends. 

But I  wasn't oblivious to the times he had to mysteriously leave at odd times, or the weird things he and his friends would say.  I was confused, and I didn't know what was going on, but I would find out. 

My first tactic being to ask Sam.  He was in on all of it too somehow, and he seemed to be the leader. 

"Sammy?" I questioned

"Yeah carebear?" He said back smiling

"What's going on with all of you guys?  You disappear at random times, you say things I don't understand, and when you say things you all look at me hoping I didn't catch on." I said frowning.  I wasn't dumb and I wouldn't be tip toed around.  I had fallen for Jacob Black and someone had to tell me what was going on.

"I knew you would catch it, and I didn't hope you wouldn't catch on.  I'm just not the one that needs to explain it to you.  You need to ask Jacob."  He responded honestly.

"Okay I guess." I responded and walked out of his house.  I wouldn't wait any longer.  This had been bugging me for over a week.  I had realized I was completely in love with Jacob.  I was in love with him and I couldn't explain any of it.  I was almost positive I had been in love since the first day I had seen him. 

When I made my way to Jake's house I hopped out of my car and ran up to his door.  It was raining and I had forgotten my rain jacket.  Of course not smart on my part since the rain here was almost an every day thing.

Before I could knock on his door he had already opened it.

"Care!" He smiled "what are you doing here?" He was always happy to see me.  But this time he did seem confused as to why I had come.

"I want to know everything." I replied simply

"Oh." He nodded "come in.  This is going to take a while."

I walked in and sat on the couch waiting for him to start talking.

"So you've heard the legends of our tribe right?" He asked and I nodded

"The ones about our people being decedent from wolves and the cold ones?" I questioned. "But those are just legends though right?  What do they have to do with you and all of the others?" I asked

"Because." He looked up at me and gave a small smile. "The legends aren't fake, they're true." He waited for me to react

"Wait." I paused "you mean that you and my cousin and all of the other boys can turn into giant wolves?" I almost laughed out of shock

"Yes." He responded

"Show me." I said

"Are you sure?" He asked

"Yes." I nodded

He stood up and nodded his head at me beckoning me to follow.  The rain had slowed and as we walked out to the woods he kept glancing at me.  Like I would disappear.  I wanted so badly to tell him how much I loved him, and that it didn't matter what he was.  I wasn't going anywhere. 

He began stripping until he was left only in his underwear.  He glanced at me once more and suddenly he wasn't standing in front of me.  In his place was a large russet colored wolf.  I could tell it was him though.  His eyes, they were the same soft sweet eyes that my Jacob had. 

I walked forward and touched his nose.  He sighed into my touch before running behind a tree.  When he came back he was human and fully clothed. 

"You took that a lot better than expected."  He smiled

I shook my head "you're still you, none of that matters to me." I looked at him "is there anything else I need to know?"

He laughed "well wolves also have this thing that we call an imprint."  He smiled at me "it's sort of like finding a soul mate, but even more. It's like gravity moves and suddenly it's not holding you down anymore.  It's all her.  You would be anything for her, a protector, a lover, a brother, or a friend." A glanced up waiting for me to respond.

"It sounds like you know the feeling." I paused for a second, unsure if I wanted to know if he had an imprint or not. "Have you imprinted on any one?" I asked not knowing what to expect

"Yes." He smiled and my heart jumped out of my chest.  Afraid.  Afraid that it wasn't me.  Afraid that I was in love with a boy that would never love me back.

"Oh" I said

"Care, it's you.  You are my imprint.  My reason to be here." He smiled at me

My heart raced.  I was happy.  The happiest I had ever been.  He walked towards me and before I knew it his lips captured mine.  Nothing else mattered.  It was only us out here and no one could touch us.