Am I removed?

This day begins like any other. I wake up to our boss's shouting that we should get up, she yells as loud as always. I quickly realize that it's work hours and sit up and try to smile. Smiling is a hard thing to do when you're only five and had been in a "prison" for the past few months, well prison isn't really the best word to use, they didn't keep me in a cell and they did give me acceptable food. But I've never been outside these walls without my dog choker... At least not after "Rika" found me. It must have been months ago, I'll tell you my story from before.

It all started when I was seven, yes I know that I said that I am five but let me explain. When I was seven I still had a five-year-old body. I was mentally aging but not physically. We had no idea why but my parents called it a "bug" but what do they mean by that? A bug? Only files or systems have bugs. So what did they mean? But to bring the story down short they basically moved and left me behind... Their last words being "We don't want the bug to spread sweetheart" those words have been stuck in my head for a long time... I was walking down the street when I saw this man, he had really light pink hair and mint green eyes, even though his eyes were beautiful green, I saw no feelings, emotions or joy in those deep eyes. Deep as a black hole. He also wore a black letter jacket with a red long linen. He had strange tattoos on his right arm shaped like an eye. The man was walking down the street, his walk was quiet and shallow, you would nearly think that he was a ghost. What did I have to lose? I thought before making the worst mistake of my life, I followed him. The rest is quite simple, he saw me and captured me with a blink of an eye, then brought me to his "Master"... Rika... Rika Kim.

So now you know about my past let me tell you that I am turning eight today. My body still looks like a five-year-olds so I am starting to wonder, am I sick? Will  I forever live in a five-year-old body? Will I grow old and still look like this?

"Four get up already!" my leader interrupts my thoughts and gives me a dead stare.

"My name is Sah!" I fight back, trying to man up for myself against this woman.

"Same thing and you know what? You're wasting my time, just get up and do whatever five-year-old do best, spy" after those words she marches out of the room and leaves me behind, sitting there on the bed with dirty clothes.

I do as I was told, what other choice do I have? I am a "five-year-old", I can't just fight my way to freedom. So I get out and look outside... Spy for what exactly? You may be thinking "Just run away already, you're outside!" well I'll have to tell you smart-ass, it's not that simple, if I could just run away then I promise you that I would be dead gone. But I have been wearing this dog choker thing, they can give me light shocks and track down my location. I can't take it off or break it, trust me, I've tried.

I slowly but steadily begin to walk down the street as my soul gets left behind, my mind's out. I was just walking, hoping to see ANYONE. I do walk to the playground, who would ever suspect a child at a playground whose wearing dirty clothes and a dog choker to be a spy? They would most of think that I am homeless but who cares, really? Would you just walk up to a random girl and say "Hey are you homeless?" I guess not. I sit down on the swing, its chains making the only sound that could be heard by me, the only human around. This part of the city is basically dead, that's why Rika has her hideout here. So why is she telling me to go around and stalk people when no one's around? This empty play ground, everyone moved, why you may ask. Well, they wanted to live in the big cities or out in the country. Not here, in the middle of nowhere hidden by South Koreas main capital, Seoul.

I knew that my cause to be outside was pointless so I make my way back, Rika would not be happy with my complaint. But what do I care about her feelings? She doesn't care about mine... Actually, I do care about her feelings, it's a huge problem of mine, my empathy always seems to take over, how bad the person might be. I knock on the door to get into the hideout, not very secret but you know, no one lives here. I can hear footsteps on the other side, then metals clinging (keys), as the door opens a strange text pop up before me.

This file is now hidden

My boss looks outside, clearly not knowing what's she was thinking moments earlier...

"Why would anyone be here? It's just me and Saeren who's even close" she says and goes inside again.

Only her and Saeren? What about me? It's almost as if she forgot who I am... I look down at my hands, their barely visible even to me and that text... "This file is hidden"? File... Bug ... please no... Numbers start to appear in front of me as I realize...

I am just a removed program in the game. I don't exist, nothing here is real.

Those were the last thoughts I thought before stepping into those numbers, the code... I could learn more there.

Well, this is just the begging to this fan fiction about my Mystic Messager character, Sah. This is also connected to aurorablack67s fan fiction called "The program". Please read it!

1030 words