Chapter 18: Tha Booty

Adrien:

You know what?

This was surprisingly not as embarrassing as I expected.

Huh.

I just did my best not to think about it, and then it felt a good deal less like a doctor's exam, and more like a photoshoot with my favourite photographer.

And Marinette was. She was my favourite.

Even though my naked backside and my complete pink arse was exposed to the eyes of Marinette, we chatted as if it was nothing out of the ordinary.

"So, is Alya coming Friday?"

"Yep! She confirmed it with Nino."

"Great. What time should I be at the cinema?"

"The movie starts at 8, but I can take you with me if you like."

"Oh! Okay, sure."

"So... how's that butt coming along?"

Marinette laughed. "Pretty good, actually. It's almost done."

"Great! Okay, while we're still here, why don't you tell me something about yourself?"

"Like what exactly?" She giggled at my statement.

"Like... your birthday?"

"Oh, March 17th."

"Nice! So that makes you a-"

"Pisces, I know."

"The creative type, isn't it?"

"That's right. When's yours?"

"Um... this upcoming weekend?"

"What? Really?" Marinette exclaimed in shock, nearly dropping the book from her lap.

"Yeah. It's Saturday. That's why we're going to the movies, actually."

"Oh my, I'll have to bring a present!"

"You don't have to, really-"

"Oh no I insist. What kind of friend would I be if I didn't give you something for your birthday?"

I was silent after that. Only two minutes later, Marinette was finished.

I put my shirt and pants back on before going to check on the result.

Okay folks get ready

"So? What do you think?"

"Huh. Wow. You know... It feels kinda weird, being able to see my own butt like that. But it's really good, Marinette. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Adrien."

She gave me a shy smile that set my heartstrings on fire. It was in that moment that I truly saw her as Ladybug and Marinette, the same person in perfect harmony.

My chest wanted to burst with this sudden realisation. Was this love? This feeling of intense conflict, absolute pain and pleasure, and desire and despise?

I wanted to run away as far and as fast as I could, just as much as I wanted to cup her face in my hands and kiss her right then and there.

So guess which one I did.

That's right.

"Ohh gee golly gosh would you look at the time! I should probably get going ahaha."

Marinette looked a bit confused but shrugged it off.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then?"

"Yeah. Thank you, Mari." I said and pulled her into a brief hug.

We greeted and I decided to walk home with a slight spring in my step.