Chapter 1

The door opened with a creek that echoed around the house and it was opened by a certain kid. He said nothing as he entered the house, only rubbing the blood from his nose which was followed by more blood. Normally, he would've called out for David. But David couldn't see him like this. With all his bruises, cuts, and a bloody nose, it wouldn't end good.

David always knew when something was wrong with Max though, so he had to cover it up convincingly enough. He walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. He liked to tell himself he wasn't crying, despite it not being the truth. He felt so weak when he was crying. He also felt weak at school, being the odd one out with his eyes.

It was hard at school for him. He didn't have blue eyes, brown eyes, green eyes, or any of the normal ones. He had what he and the kids at his school called "Monster Eyes". Eyes only a monster could have. They looked that way, everyone could tell. He had lost his contacts that made them look normal and green right before school started after summer.

He hadn't told David of the bullying. He didn't know what David would do, but he did know it probably wouldn't end well at all. It wouldn't. He just knew. He took a deep breath, looking over the injuries he had. He didn't know how to hide them other than just going straight to bed, but that was unlike him. David would know something was up right away.

Speaking of David, a creak echoed through the house followed by a loud "Hello!" which made Max panic. He quickly shut the door to the bathroom and sat down against the wall, huddling into a small ball. He heard a knock soon. "Max? You in here?"

"Yeah.." he responded, his voice slightly shaky. He tried his best to hide it. It was just hard when your nose was bleeding and whole arm was in pain. It was extremely difficult to hide.

"You okay? Can I come in?" David asked, obviously worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I'm just.. Peeing.." he said the first thing that came to mind. He mentally face palmed, realizing how stupid that sounded. He even had to stop himself from actually face palming it was so stupid.

"Okay then. I'm gonna make some spaghetti for dinner, so look forward to that!" David said happily and then walked away to the kitchen, or at least that's what it sounded like to Max.

He sighed in relief, standing up and looking in the mirror again. "Maybe I can go to my room and see if anything there can hide it....?" he mumbled to himself. "Yeah.. Yeah that sounds good..." He walked over to the door and opened it, jumping when he saw David looking down at him.

"Gotch-! Wait.. Max, what happened?" the older male asked, getting down to Max's level, only to have Max try to push past him.

"Nothing, I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about. I'm fine." Max quickly tried to make his way past him but found himself in a tight hug instead.