Nightmare [devin]

You look at the hospital bed in which your mother was in. She had gotten into a horrible car accident and was in critical condition. Tears fell from your eyes. You never wanted to see this day.

After a moment, you heard the sound you never wanted to hear. The sound of the long beep meaning she was now gone had you sobbing.

-

You wake up sobbing, the dream felt so real. Your heartbeat was faster than it had ever been and your breathing was loud and fast. This quickly woke you boyfriend Devin up. He sat up quickly.

"Are you okay, what's wrong?" He said with a panicked voice.

You couldn't say anything. Tears were still streaming down your face.

Devin pulled you close to him, he held you in his arms and rubbed your back. This made you relax a bit.

"I had a dream, it was about my mom. She was gone." You said in between sobs.

"It's okay, it was only a dream. Everything's okay." Devin said kissing your forehead.

You didn't say anything you just rested your head on Devin's shoulder and hugged him.

After a minute or so you get out of Devin's grip and get off the bed.

"Where you going?" Devin asks.

"I'm gonna go get some tea, I can't fall back to sleep anytime soon." You say maintains your breaths and sobs.

Devin gets up too, he puts his shorts on and follows you.

"Do you want a cup of tea?" You ask as the both of you walk to your kitchen.

"Yeah please." He says.

After finishing, you give Devin his tea and take yours as the two of you sit on your couch. You look at the time, it was 4:07 a.m.

You grab your laptop and start some homework that you needed to finish and submit to your teacher.

Devin had his legs laid on the couch and you sat in between them as he wrapped his arms around you.

"Whatcha doing?" He asked.

"Homework, I might as well get something done." You say, this was your second year of college.

"Well look at my girl being all proactive and stuff." Devin says.

"You already know." You chuckle. "Hey i'm sorry Devin." You say out of random.

"About what?" He says confused.

"For waking you, I know you have to go to the studio today. I didn't mean it." You say looking at him.

"Don't apologize, you know I'm always here for you. As long as I know you're okay, I'm okay. I love you y/n, a lot." He says says kissing your forehead.

"I love you too Devin." You smile. "I feel like I need to call my mom though." You laugh and he does too.

-

Hope you liked this :)