The Last Farewell

"I'm giving Danny my whole heart, but I'm never going to write a letter or look into the sunset without thinking of you; because I love you my whole life"

-Randall Wallace

(Pearl Harbor)

PRESENT

2 Years Later

Amethyst

The street is so busy; lives were entangled with one another like a messy-spiral tornado. Horns of each vehicle serve as an orchestra, and air pollution is a trend. The sun is climbing the horizon; when her gray Polo shoes are pacing the asphalt side walk. He never left her heart nor bequeath her brain; after all these years of waiting for nothing. Therefore, this morning is really a big surprise for her; that she almost stumbled to herself. The oxygen escapes her lungs, and everything blurs flashes around her. The only thing that is clear to her: is the figure of a man with a sky-blue back pack slung to his left shoulder. She is walking behind him. Her brain seems to e transferred on her feet; because it cannot decide if to walk further or to walk faster.

Her heart aches with longing for him, and as if the heavens pitied her—Artisan stops on his tracks to look back. His expressive eyes magnetized her whole body. She trembled; because she wanted to be near him, but she cannot. "Artisan..." at the low rustles of her voice; he walked sluggishly—taking time to step one foot from another. They are towards the same way, and he is a turtle. There is no way she can avoid to be beside his path. It is very difficult but she over take like a speeding car, and passed him by. She thought she could pretend not to see him, but he caught her wrist. She turned to him... "Artisan" she said and she's home.

She stirred awake, and a tear escape her eye. She wanted to go back to her dream, and stay there for eternity. She shook her head; clearing her mind. The anxiety of the day and the weariness from the laundry brought her to sleep.

PRESENT

2 Years Later

Artisan

Every year there is a commotion inside his head; pushing him away off this county; because he might do it again; but he just can't help his feet stepping back into the grounds of Bronteville; when he's got nowhere else to go. He can't stay away from the place that reminds him of her, but he can and would stay away from her. He's been pardon a year ago and been spending his days and nights peripatetic places on Earth, staying on the roads searching for meaning, but love lead him back in here on where he stands.

His Chevy truck was parked at his back; for the last two years he's been living on the shadows; so near yet too far from her. He never had the strength to show up come in the light with her; too afraid to see him scared of him, so even if he go here every once in a while for two years; he didn't come near her; unless it is miles away. But not tonight, he is standing on the wraith of the moon, behind the silhouette of the night, not 10 feet away from her house. The lights were all open as always, the chimney is puffing smoke built by the fire inside the hearth, and everything is at peace. He is out of place in here; he shouldn't have come. He is about to turned his back away from the bungalow house; that sheltered his long-lost love; when the screen by the door cracks open. His heart beats in anticipation; this will be the first time he will see her again after two-lengthy years.

She steps into the porch; with a bowl in one hand. He wanted to envelope her in his arms; as she makes those cute-little cat noises to call on to a small-white cat with black spots above its head. The cat circled her legs and brushed its body on her. He steps a little bit closer to the house; just enough to see her face; as she bends down to scratch the ears of the cat, and gave it the bowl she's been holding.