Chapter 2

Me and Matthias began wandering the halls aimlessly. I took a mental note of the room Matthias was staying in, and nodded to myself. We silently listened to the sound of our footsteps against the marble laminate floor. It was sorta relaxing.

"Ah, I see you're taking Matthias out for a walk?" One of my colleagues, Berwald, spoke as he came up to me, and Matthias' expression changed; he lunged for Berwald. My hands locked around his waist and I held him back.

"It's okay, Matthias, it's okay...." I say as I keep my hands secured around his waist, and Berwald, surprisingly, looks unfazed by this whole ordeal.

Berwald must've been his old assigned nurse.... and maybe he didn't like Berwald.... just a hunch, but maybe....

Berwald pushed his glasses up his nose and even I could see the glisten of amusement in his eyes. "Pleasure to see you too, Matthy." He mused, and then walked past, causing my patient to go berserk.

"Matthias. Matthias look at me." He followed my instruction, looking at me dead in the eye. I placed my hands on his shoulders and he relaxed at that gesture. "This walk is to help you feel better about having me around, don't worry about anyone else, just focus on you."

"B-But-"

"Ah! No buts. I want you to feel happy and safe around me!" I beamed without realising, and I only realised when he smiled back at me, his eyes juvenile and playful. "So come on, we'll go outside, I'm sure you'll love that!"

"I would..." Matthias sighed a little, I heard the breath escape from his mouth. It seemed happy, and yet again, I was surprised. How was I making him so happy?

We both made it outside and Matthias sprinted to the grassy plains, and I chuckled. I couldn't help it. Matthias was like a child in my eyes. He sat down on the green with the most playful eyes and smiled, almost grinning, at me.

"Lukas! Come roll down the hill with me!" He grinned at me and I shook my head, raising my hand up to say no.

"I'm sorry Matthias, I'm not allowed to..."

"I won't tell~!"

"Oh alright.."

And we both rolled down the hill together, laughing as our clothes became grass-stained and muddy.

When Matthias stood up, he wobbled, clearly dizzy. He clung onto my arm as we walked up the hill, our feet trudging in the grass.

"That was fun!" Matthias said, still wobbling, stumbling over his feet.

"Sure was!"

"Can we do it again?"

"Oh God, no!" I laughed. "Maybe another time!"

A/N: I'm sorry for the smol chapter, but I have severe writers block and I'm trying here!! So I'm sorry, I will try and make up for it in the next chapter!