Chapter 6

- Monica

" Savannah come on now don't you wanna go see grandma . " I smiled as I tried to get her dressed .

" I wanna stay with Ray. " She wined .

" I'll come with you guys , how's that ? " Ray smiled as he stood in the doorway .

" Okay . " She smiled as she got off the bed . I went into the closet and grabbed her a sundress then began getting her dressed . I put her hair in a single ponytail and puffed it out . I smiled and kissed her cheek . I grabbed a sundress for me then went into the bathroom , I changed then put my hair into a ponytail , I added some jewelry and then went to see if Ray was ready .

" You ready ? " I asked .

" Yeah let's go . " He smiled . We went to go get Savannah then we got into Ray's car and he drove to my parents house , it's Easter and they invited us over I haven't seen my parents since the kicked me out which was 5 years ago . Before I knew it we were at my parents place , it was pretty nice my parents are pretty wealthy but once they found out I was pregnant they wanted nothing to do with me . We got out and walked up to their door and knocked .

" Oh my Monica look at you ! " My aunt Jonna smiled as she hugged me . I smiled and hugged her back tightly . " Whose this little cutie." She said smiling at Savannah .

" This is my daughter Savannah and this is my best friend Ray . " I said .

" We'll it's nice to meet you too now come on in . A lot of people are gonna be happy to see you ." She smiled as we walked in . We walked into the living room and instantly a bunch a family members got up to hug me .

" Oh Monica it's so wonderful to see you ! You have really grown up . " My grandma Conny said as she kissed my cheek . I was greeted by a bunch of other cousins and aunts , but my smiled faded once I seen my mom and dad walked in from outside .

" Monica ? " My mom said in shock .

" Hello mom , dad . " I said .

" How have you been ?" My dad asked as he hugged me . I didn't hug back , how can they just forget the things they did or say to me .

" We'll whose this little one ?" My mom asked as she looked at Savannah .

" This is Savannah , my daughter." I smiled .

"Oh , I see you kept that child." My mom whispered . How in the hell can she say something like that . " Oh I see you still hang around Ray . " She laughed . My mom thinks she's better than everyone that's one thing I disliked about her .

" Savannah honey go play with the other kids . " I said .

" Ok mommy . " She smiled as she ran out to backyard .

" How could you say something like that ! Your own granddaughter , you sicken me . " I said as I shook my head . " What have I ever done to you !? You kicked me out . " I yelled .

" Monica you had a child when you know we told you not too where's the baby's father at ? Exactly you don't have a damn clue ! " She said . I grabbed Ray's hand walked past her and we went into the backyard where everyone was at enjoying there selfs , I seen my aunt call us over to the table , we walked over there sat down .

" I missed you so much . " She smiled .

" I know it's been awhile . " I said .

" So how's life ? " She asked .

I didn't wanna tell her that I've been living on streets for 2 months and that now I'm staying with my best friend Ray . " I've been doing pretty bad not as good as I should ." I said as I put my head down .

" Why haven't you contacted any of us ? " She asked .

" I didn't have any of your numbers , mom kicked me out at 17 once she found out that I was pregnant with Savannah . " I said .

" So what ended up happening , honey you can tell me . " She said as she held my hand .

" We'll after she kicked me out I got laid from job , at the time I was still in high school and I was already failing most of my classes until Ray helped me get caught up and things , once I got laid from my job I had a little bit of money so me and Savannah stayed in hotels until I basically ran out of money , which then lead to us staying in cars until Ray told us to stay with him and now here we are . " I said .

" Oh my lord , I'm so sorry Monica if you need money , a place to stay or anything you call me . I'm here for you . " She smiled .

" Thank you ." I smiled . We soon at dinner and all that good stuff . I got my Aunt Conny's numbers and a few others , I said goodbye to my family then we headed home . Once we got back to the house we checked the mall and I had a letter from my job .

" Dear Monica , you have been a great worker but we have to many people working here and we been laying people off , I'm sorry to inform you but we letting you go , you can come pick up your check tomorrow morning .

'Del Mar 'Thank You . "

" They fired me . " I said .

" Monica everything's gonna be ok . " Ray said as he hugged me . I cried into his chest , what am I gonna do ? I have school and Savannah to take care of .

- Leeexxius

AN > Monica is 22 by the way !

Happy Easter ! 🐣🐰