5:00

FIVE

FIVE.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

"I CAN'T believe this is actually a medical establishment."

Illa honestly can't be sorry for Valack as the Kanima-wolf Chimera, Tracy, holds him in a chokehold against the wall across from Lydia's cell. The rest of Theo's pack must be crowded in the adjacent hall, away from her and Stiles' views. She knows their names from having seen Theo's future – Josh and Corey.

"And what would a pack of Chimeras want with a Banshee?" Valack questions, somehow appearing only mildly inconvenienced at this setback.

"I don't want a Banshee," Theo replies simply. "I'm looking for a Hellhound."

As if he'd summoned it, an animalistic roar sounds from the end of the corridor. Valack turns toward the sound. Theo heads toward its source without fear, only mystification in his aura as he crosses through the adjacent doorway into Stiles' sight.

"You wanted a Hellhound?" Valack questions smugly. "I think you've found one."

Another deafening roar and the sound of the gate being melted down meets Illa's ears, which ring when the molten metal clangs to the cement floor. The smoldering scent of fire makes her nose twitch. She pushes herself to her feet and sticks her head forward so she can see through the gaps in the door.

Corey and Josh return to their pack leader's side and watch, glued to their spots, as Jordan Parrish snarls at them. His entire body is encased in flickering flames. They glow a raging shade of orange that is almost hurtful to look at, dancing around his ashen skin. Even his eyes are aflame as his mass of pointed teeth protrudes from his lips.

Before Illa can sort out the visions in her head and figure out what to do next, the sound of an Alpha's roar causes her and Stiles' heads to snap up. The sound of it brings hope and determination into Illa's veins. They'll fix things– they have to.

Theo rushes into Lydia's cell and drags her out until he's standing in front of the Hellhound again. She's flush up against him with his claws at her throat, the threat clear in his firm stance.

Stiles inches forward as if to make a run toward her, but Illa grabs his wrist and forces him to stay. "Don't."

Parrish gives a threatening growl from deep in his throat. There's almost nothing human in him.

"Back off," Theo warns in a tone of ice and venom.

Tracy unceremoniously drops Valack to the floor, ready to defend herself and her pack if the need arises.