Where am I?

As Kurt wakes up, the first thing he notices is the harsh white light.

The severe headache that follows overwhelms him. He tries to reach for his head, only to find that his hands are restrained. The realization that he is trapped sends a chill down his spine. As he struggles against the bindings, his surroundings slowly come into focus. Blinking through the pain until the blurs around him start to take shape. He realizes that he's splayed down to a table with metal electric latches holding him down.

How did I end up here? Where were my mutter and vather? They had mentioned sending me to America, but everything after that is a blur. Was this what they meant? Had they grown weary of me and my appearance? He couldn't blame them—who wouldn't tire of looking at him...

Suddenly, the door swung open.

A woman entered, her face twisted in anger as if she held a grudge against Kurt. He recoiled slightly under her intense gaze.

Her expression softened into a sad smile as she approached. She examined the restraints binding Kurt, then pressed a few buttons on a nearby control panel. The electric field around him deactivated, and she began unfastening the latches.

"I'm sorry I couldn't have made it here sooner," The latch on his waist was removed.

"Getting passed other agents was tricky," The latch on his left leg came off.

"But I wasn't going to leave you here," Right leg latch came off.

" I wasn't about to let Hydra turn you into their newest brainwashed machine" The last three latches quickly came off.

Kurt stretched his limbs and swishes his tail. He sat up and looked at the woman. He didn't know what to say to her, who was she. Did she know him? Did he know her? He thanked her nonetheless "Zhank you."

The woman nodded but took note of his brief silence.

She changed her form. Her skin turned blue, her hair changed from brown to reddish orange, the lab coat and jeans she wore turned into a black crop top and skirt. "You probably remember me better like this." She braced himself for her anger or annoyance.

Instead, his face lit up with a smile as he exclaimed, "You're like me! You're blue!"

Mystique managed a smile despite her confusion and rising anger. She said gently, "We have a lot to sort out. What's the last thing you remember?"

Kurt nodded, beginning to explain. He recounted his conversation with his adoptive parents about being sent to America. After that, his memory blurred; he couldn't remember his intended destination or whether he was still in East Berlin.

-------------

Did they wipe some of his memories? Why not just erase them all? Either way, he can't remember why he's here! He doesn't remember being in the X-men! And best of all he doesn't remember me, I can fix this!! Mystique's thoughts were racing. She might actually have a chance at -

She nodded faking confusion. "I was meant to pick you up from the train station but when you never showed I got worried. I tried tracking your scent, which leads me here." She said as she motioned to the room around them.

"I soon found out that the people here at Hydra were trying to turn you into their newest mutant battle machine." Mystique changed back into the scientist that had walked through the doors.

She grabbed Kurt's hand. "We have to hurry now before the agent comes and find us," she said smiling warmly as she pulled Kurt up from the table and quickly searched the cabinet for a certain file and Kurt's image inducer.

She handed him the watch. "Here this will make you look human so that we can make it out of here."

He put it on and the electromagnetic field covered his body.

"If someone touches you they will feel your fur and your tail is still visible but you appear human," She warned him, knowing he probably didn't hear anything she had said. He stared in awe at the machine.

Mystique smiled fondly at her son, but the brief moment was sadly cut short,

A scientist working for Hydra entered the room, but before she could react, Mystique delivered a swift roundhouse kick to her face. The woman crumpled to the floor, knocked out cold.

Kurt snapped out of his daze and stared at the unconscious lady on the ground. "Vy did you do zat? Is she konna be okay?" He looked up at her confused and slightly scared.

"I promise I'll explain everything when we get out of here safely" She replied changing to look like the scientist that was passed out on the floor. She grabbed her key card and passes.

"Give me your watch" He quickly handed it back to me. She fiddled with the setting to make Kurt look like a tall blonde man in a lab coat. "Here, This is gonna be your temporary look till we get out of here."

Handing him back his watch she opened the door and calmly walked out with Kurt trailing behind. They walked past security guards and other scientists, Exchanging smiles and nods.

God, they are so simple to fool. At least it gets her out of here faster.

She could find some complicated escape route almost get caught and accidentally give away some information away that eventually lead to her plan failing or She could just clock out and walk out of the building.

The second option didn't sound exciting, but it was the safest for both her and Kurt. So, that's what they chose. Using the ID of the woman she had knocked out, Mystique clocked out without any issues.

From there, everything proceeded without a hitch. Soon, Mystique was ushering Kurt into the Brotherhood house, relieved to have her son safely back with her. Luckily, the place was empty since everyone else was at school. She had only sought Kurt out because he hadn't appeared at school as expected.