The Good Son - 17

"Hey

"Hey." Hyde smiles as he rakes the backyard.

"Oh, hey. What ya doing?" I smile as I lean on the garage.

"Raking." He smiles.

"Why?" I ask as I look at my nails.

"Eric won't do it. So, I told Red I would." He shrugged as he got the last of the yard raked.

"You? Doing chores? No way." I laugh as he sets the rake down.

"Yeah, well, they're giving me somewhere to stay, so it's the least I could do." He shrugs slightly.

"Aw, well that's nice. Last night was fun, thanks for talking with me." I smiled lightly and twisted my shoe on the ground.

Almost every night now, Hyde comes to my house, through the window of course, and we talk for hours, listening to Led Zeppelin lightly.

"Anytime." Hyde smiled as he hugged me lightly.

I lean into his chest and I get a smell of him. Some cologne, mint, and a hint of smoke.

"Are you wearing cologne?" I smirk.

"Eh, maybe a bit." He shrugs and smirks as well.

"I like it." I smile and walk inside the Forman's house.

~~~

We all sit in the basement as Fez tries pop rocks for the very first time. He pours some into his hand and then throws them in his mouth.

"It is popping." Fez says worriedly.

"You're fine!" I laugh, "That's why they're called Pop Rocks."

"Yeah, Fez." Kelso laughs.

"So, where's Hyde?" Jackie asks.

"Oh, I don't know. He's been obsessed with doing chores for the Forman's since Eric won't do them." I shrug as I pop my bubble gum and continue to look through a fashion magazine.

"Oh." Jackie nods her head while Fez still sits there, worried about the weird candy that is still popping in his mouth.

"Oh, hey, Donna. Look, everyone's here." Eric says awkwardly as he walks in with Donna.

"Mhmm..." I nod my head.

"And I thought we'd be all alone. Phew." Eric sighs.

"Oh, I get it," Fez points at Eric, "They want to make out."

I nod my head, "Uh huh, sure. So, um, have you seen Hyde anywhere?"