Kidnapped

Breathing deeply Vivnia sighed as she watched her breath show itself from the intense cold. Shivering she walked into the small gas station that she knew so well. The bell rang as she entered causing Jared who was at the counter, to notice her presence. His eyes fell in contact with hers for a second before he quickly casted them down and shuffled awkwardly.

"I'll take over from here, just leave the keys on the counter." Vivnia said to him hanging up her coat, not bothering to greet him.

When she had first started work at the gas station with Jared he had tried to grope her once. She nearly broke his arm. After that he left her alone, which suited her just fine.

Walking to the back room she quickly pulled her hair in a ponytail. As she put her name tag on she heard the bell ding indicating that Jared had just left. She let out a sigh of relief. Whenever she had to work with Jared on the same shifts she always left as though she couldn't let her guard down.

Walking over to the counter she made sure that keys were left there. The last thing she wanted was to be unable to lock the shop when she her shift finally ended. Thankfully Jard had actually listened to her and had left them right on counter next to the cash redisher. She grabbed them and put them in her pocket as she took a seat that was behind the counter. Working nights shift were always long. She found herself scrolling through her phone during most of her shift.

Pulling her phone out she scrolled through it aimlessly. Night hours were always eerily quiet. The lights inside the small store that always flickered on and off didn't help make the place feel any less eerie. Ever since she started working here she had been sure to stop watching any horror movies. But she still found herself flinching every time the lights in the shop flickered off. If horror movies cliches were real then she would of been mauled to death by a giant animatronic a long time ago.

Shivering at the thought she gripped the pocket knife she left in her pocket, reassuring herself that she hadn't forgot it. Carrying the small knife was the only thing that reassured the fears she had.

Hours passed before she was jolted out her thoughts as the ringing of bells went off, and a door was abruptly swung open. Looking up she saw a tall handsome man in a black leather jacket walk up to the counter she sat at. He looked like someone who only existed on television, but what stood out the most to her was his eyes. They were almost an unnatural shade of green. She felt concern washed over her as she noticed just how distraught and disheveled he looked.

His dark brown hair stuck up in all areas and his clothes were covered in dirt. He looked almost as though he had ran a long distance to this gas station. His eyes studied the room frantically, as though he desperately was looking for something. His eyes stopped the moment they fell upon hers. She could see his breathing stop as he stood at the doorway of the store staring at her.

"Can I help you?" She asked cautiously as her left hand carefully traced her pocket knife in her pocket.

Working night shifts had made Vivnia no stranger to the characters that night brought. Countless times she had dealt with customers who were so drunk they could hardly walk straight. Although this man looked far too alert to be drunk. Perhaps he was on something else?

He didn't answer her question as he steady walked towards her, his eyes never leaving hers. He steps stopped right in front of the counter.

"Mate," he whispered out loud as his hand reached out touching her long blue hair.

She stood stiffly stunned by his bizarre behavior. She knew her hair looked different, but she had never met someone who was so fascinated by it that they randomly stroked it.