Chapter 15:

Tina, Newt, and I walked through the crowd of people boarding the boat. We stopped and both Tina and I turned to look at Newt.

"Well... It's been, um..." Newt started.

"Hasn't it?" Tina asked.

We stared at each other for a moment.

"Listen. Newt. I wanted to thank you." Tina said.

"What on earth for?" Newt asked.

"Well. You know. If you hadn't said all those nice things to Madam Picquery about me I wouldn't be back in the investigative team now." Tina said.

"I can't think of anyone that I'd rather have investigating me." Newt said.

"Try not to need investigating for a bit." Tina suggested.

"I will." Newt nodded. "A quiet life from now on. Back to the Ministry. Deliever my manuscript."

"I'll look out for it. Fanstatic Beasts and Where To Find Them." Tina said.

Newt looked up.

"Does Leta Lestrange like to read?" Tina asked.

I cringed and looked at her to see her instantly regretting speaking up about her.

"Who?" Newt asked.

My head snapped up and I looked at Newt surprised.

"The girl whose picture you carry. I mean besides Athena's." Tina said.

"I don't really know what Leta likes these days." Newt said.

"Oh." Tina said.

"Cause people change." Newt continued.

"Yes." Tina agreed.

"I've changed. I think, uh.. Maybe a little." Newt rambled.

I grabbed his hand but kept my eyes on Tina in front of me. The ship horn blew and Newt turned to look at it. Tina turned to me.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay?" She asked hopefully.

"Uh. Yeah." I nodded. "America isn't really for me. Never was."

"I'll miss you." She said pulling me into a hug.

"You like him." I whispered. "It's okay if you do."

I quickly pulled away before she could respond. "I'll miss you too."

She looked at me with slightly wide eyes.

"I'll send you a copy of my book, if I may." Newt said getting both of our attentions.

"I'd like that." Tina smiled.

They stared at each other for a moment and I shifted my suitcase into my other hand. Newt grabbed my hand and started leading me to the boat. I let go of my hand and walked back over Tina.

"I'm so sorry. How would you feel if he gave you your copy in person?" I asked. "You know, so both of us could see you again."

"I'd like that." She smiled and started laughing. "Very much."

I looked back at Newt and he was looking at me confused. Walking back over, I grabbed his hand and started dragging him up the ship ramp. Looking over my shoulder, I waved to Tina. She waved back and Newt pulled me to a stop.

"Newt?" I asked.

He looked up at me and quickly walked past me, dragging me into the boat with him. We nodded to the man at the entrance and walked inside. After a bit we found ourselves on the top of the ship.

"Newt?" I asked looking at him.

He turned to look at me and raised an eyebrow.

"I missed you." I said softly.

He smiled. "I missed you too."

We looked over the railing of the ship and watched as the waves hit the ship as it went away from New York.