Chapter 1

The Sapphire ring lays on her finger. Its purpose is unknown but it's origins are certain. It's a magical ring that according to legend, is a key to unlock a lost golden city. A city lost in the African deserts and despite thousands of searches, has never been found. The city is known as the city of Emeralds.

The ring is her birth right. Her family have lived for generations, protecting the ring and its secrets. Protecting a lost golden city full of many riches but also full of great secrets as well as great dangers.

It's been worn on the finger of her mother and her mother and everyone since the city disappeared thousands of years ago. She is the last woman in the generation and just like her ancestors, she will wear the ring all the time, where ever she may go. But wearing the ring, presents many dangers. Many fortune hunters, drug lord's, thugs and so many more have seeked its fortune as well as seeking its dark secrets.

Her name is Iris Blackwood, and she is the guardian of the ring. She will always be in constant danger but has been safe so far. That is until she met Caleb Harper and bumps into the Drake brothers. Reuniting with an old friend and going on adventure that can only lead to pain and suffering.