Wild smiles and lies ( final part 1 )

( Your P.O.V )
we sat down outside on the patio over looking the large yard that backs onto a forest.
"So you live with a guy now, I guess we really did lose that much contact with one another for a while huh? I guess we've grown up." Billy says with a soft smile looking over at me from his lawn chair .

"You lost contact not me." I say my anger starting to boil up

"Three years. It's been THREE YEARS BILLY!" I raising my voice at him .

"You told me you where going to study abroad for a year. That's it a year! and that you would keep in contact with me. You did for a while then it just went quiet on your end and I got worried so I contacted your dad." I pause to make eye contact with him and he begins to fidget in his chair like he once did when he was younger.

"You wanna know what that disgrace of a man said ? You wanna know what the man that beat you when you where younger said to me the one that was there for you? He said that you had been speaking to him and that you must have just been sick of me and needed to escape. He told me that you where fine and where having a good time studying abroad without me and that I should move on and get the hell away from his house." I take a deep breath and speak again.

"why would you talk to him , who you haven't spoken to since after the accident but not me your friend?" I begin to sob and shake in my chair.

"I was so worried about you

"I was so worried about you...at first I thought something happened then when I talked to your dad I thought maybe it was because of me , maybe I did something to drive one of the last people that I can trust and not be afraid to lean on when I need help, away
from me. I spent 2 and a half of those three years thinking I did something to make you wanna leave and not come back until one day I gave up and just let it be. so no you don't get to say we've lost touch because I never lost anything other than the last bit of sanity I had, I tryed and when I couldn't try anymore I waited." halfway through i must have begun crying because now my eyes stung and my cheeks where wet.

"Y-you l-left me here." I say in between sobs.

I cover my face with my hands and drop my head to the ground.

i hear him clear is throat, then begin speaking.

"I-i never planned on staying that long, my intent was to never leave you that long." he says with a raspy voice

I keep my head towards the ground and my face covered as he continues.

"during my first few months i was fine but of course i wanted to come back to you . I was planning on shortening my stay but i got sick."

I lift my head and look at him, now he's the one looking to the ground and tears running down his cheeks.