Chapter 11: Finale

A few more months had passed, and with the passing of time Flug had started to forget about most things, more and more memories dropping from his mind. His fear for his boss, his suicidal thoughts, even the fact that he was a scientist was gone from his mind. Nothing but forgotten memories of the person Flug used to be. Whether it was the near death experience that caused it, or just the fact that Flug's mind literally crumbled to pieces from the influence of the machine, nobody really knew.
He still responded to his name, and he still remembered what everyone was to him thank goodness, but it took a while to convince Flug that he was real. Dissociation riddled his everyday life. Sometimes Blackhat would accidentally ask Flug to do something for him as his scientist, and Flug would respond with nothing more than "don't order me around like that, hon"
It seemed Flug still had feelings for Blackhat, much to the demon's relief. Things were much different now, though.
Blackhat stayed up night after night trying to make sense of what he saw in his final moments in that world.
The people stuck to the walls? He figured it was the fearful influence he had on the townspeople he grew up with, and so the next few months he and Demencia would wander the streets doing nice things for the people that inhabited them. It took a while for people to warm up, and Flug lashed out at people sometimes for being scared of his 'boyfriend' even though he 'had never done no wrong' as he put it, but things got easier with time.
That was another thing...'boyfriend'. Blackhat still had to get used to that title. Not like he minded much though. He didn't mind at all.
The crew would lose sleep over the constant sense of dread lingering in the air. The question; "what if Flug forgot about us eventually?"
Blackhat Inc closed down soon after.
The demon and his former scientist watched it get knocked down together.
Their hands clasped together the whole time.
"I promise i'll be better this time," Blackhat whispered, staring in the distance amongst the rubble. The end of an era, the start of something new.
"You always say that," Flug responded by resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulder, "I wish I knew what you meant..."
Blackhat wrapped his arm around Flug's shoulder and pulled him closer. The man's body heat was hot compared to Blackhat's icy cold skin.
"It doesn't matter. What matters is that I love you..."
"I love you, too..."

"Jefecito"

--

This final chapter was really short but i'm proud of myself for finally getting this done!! I noticed the significant drop in readers after the chapter The Kiss was released and was pretty unmotivated, whether that's because people only stayed for the romance or they were disgusted by the AFFECTION i'll never know lol! but a gigantic thank you to the people who stayed all the way through until the very end! this story has been a journey for me and i'm still getting new readers everyday and its honestly shocking to me that people clicked on my story in the first place. I appreciate every one of you <3 its been very interested to see everyone's reactions and i've gotten some pretty awesome questions from some really smart people and the whole experience altogether has just been...wow! If anyone has any unanswered questions about the story, feel free to ask! I try to respond to everyone when I can ^^