Ch 1

Slowly, as the night began to progress, I walked through the crowded arcade as I found an open area to call my friend. She tried to call me while I was driving but of course, I would never answer unless I had a Bluetooth earpiece on me. Because I didn't have that, I had to wait her out. Before I could try to call, she left a voicemail for me.

"Hey Y/N, it's Jade. Just wanted to let you know that I got accepted into Harvard and there's a party happening on the 5th. I am so happy and I hope you can come! Love ya to pieces!"

I was feeling very excited for Jade; she's wanted to go to Harvard ever since her older sister got accepted in and knew it was one of the top schools in America to go to. Jade, unlike me, was working her butt off just to get to school at the age of 20. Being 20 myself, I just didn't care. I didn't really have a profession that I wanted to stay with forever and honestly, I probably would've quit on the spot. However, I did make some money by writing stories and was asked by both a retired author and an editor if I was worth becoming an author. I sent both of them a few pages of my current works that were finished and was just waiting for them to respond.

Putting my phone away in my shoulder purse, I walked around Circus Circus and spied many fun carnival-style games; I was dying to play. Unfortunately, with very little money on my hands, I would only play about 2-3 games before all my money would be gone. I sighed as I walked up several stairs and just leaned on the railing as I looked from below. I watched all the people walking, playing, just having a fun time. I saw, in particular, a man who looked to be a couple years older than me wearing a lot of pink. I noticed he had some fluffy brown hair, a yellow polo, some gray slacks and black dress shoes. I also noticed that he had... a pink mustache? It puzzled me; How can anyone be able to have a pink mustache? My only conclusion was that he probably dyed it pink.

"Strange..." I whispered aloud as I observed him out of boredom. I looked away from him as I looked around the arcade; nothing fairly interesting.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After being here for at least an hour now, I was becoming even more bored than I was so I headed back down to the giant arcade to see if I could do anything. I saw multiple claw games here and there but I knew they wouldn't be worth ¢50. It had been a good twenty minutes of walking around and I felt really tired at the moment. I saw there was a bench up the stairs and I thought about heading in that direction before I was stopped by a man. As tired as my eyes were, I looked up to see brown hair, brown eyes, a smile and a... pink mustache!

"Good evening miss," he said as took a small bow to me. I thought it was sweet he was a gentleman or at least played the part.

"Good evening," I replied. He twirled the end of his mustache with his right hand as his left went behind his back.

"Might I ask who you may be?"

"My name is Y/N."

"And that's such a pretty name for a pretty girl like yourself," I felt the temperature rise in my cheeks as I giggled and his smile grew wider. I thanked him.

"Well, my name," he said as he grabbed one of my hands,

"Is Wilford Warfstache." He lightly kissed my palm as he let go. I smiled, putting my hands behind my back and swaying back and forth. I was nervous.

"Well," he began in a very enthusiastic tone,

"Would it be alright if I tagged along with you on this glorious evening?" He's a stranger!

"Absolutely." His brown eyes sparkled in the dimly lit area as he held my shoulder and gestured me up the stairs and out into the dark night.