03 | aphelion

0 3

a p h e l i o n

"The point in the orbit of a planet or other celestial body where it is farthest from the Sun.

Cassiopeia studied the prefects badge closely, she herself and none of her friends had made Slytherin prefect

Cassiopeia studied the prefects badge closely, she herself and none of her friends had made Slytherin prefect. She could see why Remus had been chosen to be the Gryffindor Prefect, out of all his friends he seemed the most mature. "You can go now miss Selwyn, wouldn't want to be late for the second day of classes now would we?"

Cassiopeia got up from the hospital bed shaking her head, her face was back to normal just in time for her to get ready and eat breakfast. Making her way out of the hospital wing Cassiopeia was met with Remus who was pacing back and forth in the corridor with a worried look crossing his features. "Are you looking for this?" Cassiopeia asked pulling out the Gryffindor prefect badge. Remus looked up at her with relief walking over and taking the badge from her hands.

"Where was it?" He asked pinning it to his battered robe.

Cassiopeia began to walk with Remus beside her, "It was on the ground next to the bed, it must've fallen when you came to talk to me yesterday." she answered running her hand through her black hair. "Bye." Cassiopeia then said walking away from the boy when they were in a corridor filled with people. There was no way she was going to risk people seeing her with a half-blood who had a muggle mum.

Cassiopeia walked alone to the Slytherin dungeons and when she walked in after giving the password she was met with Isabelle and Andrea who were sitting near the fireplace talking.

•·.··.·• •·.··.·•

"You're back." James said looking over at Remus who walked through the portrait hole. "Where was it?"

Remus walked over to the fire place and took a seat, they still had a bit of time left to spare before going upstairs for breakfast then to their class. "I dropped it yesterday near Cassiopeia's hospital bed." Remus answered packing away his belongings into his book bag.

Sirius looked at Peter and James with a frown on his face, both boys knew what he was thinking. It was something all three boys were thinking, "I don't think you should go around spending too much time with Selwyn, Moony." Sirius said, Peter and James nodding their heads in agreement.

"It's not like we're friends or anything." Remus said looking over at Sirius. "Besides, why don't you guys like her? I mean I know what she's like but she's never done anything to you guys." It was no secret that Cassiopeia believed in 'toujours pur' something Remus did not fit into. Even if she didn't know everything about him. Remus was a half-blood with a pure-blood father and a muggle mother, and to add to it all Remus was also a werewolf something that wasn't looked at too kindly in the wizarding world.

"Maybe not to us but to-" Peter was about to tell Remus everything when James cut in.

"It doesn't matter, any of it." James said sending Peter a look that told him to keep his mouth shut. "I just don't think you should associate to people like her, it could all turn out terrible for you." Sirius and Peter nodded their heads in agreement. Peter looked away from Remus hoping he wouldn't ask him to finish what he was saying before James cut in. "Look, why don't we go up for breakfast?"

•·.··.·• •·.··.·•

For the next couple of days Remus had listened to his friends and stayed away from Cassiopeia, he knew it was for the best because it wasn't like they would ever be friends. Cassiopeia had noticed the change in Remus and thought that maybe his friends had told him what she had said about him, not that she cared really.

Cassiopeia sat at the Slytherin table, Andrea and Isabelle both sat before her on the other side of the table. Andrea was talking about her date with Regulus and how he had invited her to Hogsmeade. The two had been spending so much time and Cassiopeia could tell that Andrea waned it to be October already. "You two sound so cute, I wish Jupiter was more like that." Isabelle said with a frown.

Cassiopeia laughed throwing a chocolate wrapper at the girl, "Maybe you can ask Snape to Hogsmeade, leave Jupiter" she added nodding her head towards the black greasy haired boy who was standing around older Slytherin boys whom everybody knew liked the dark arts.

"Yeah right!" Isabelle scoffed throwing the wrapper back at Cassiopeia hitting her right on the cheek. "He's always hanging around that mudblood Evans, and he's a half-blood my parents would kill me if I tainted the family in such a way."

Cassiopeia nodded her head in agreement, she had only been joking and her friends knew it. "Izzy look, I get that you'd like something like what Andrea has but we're only fifteen you don't have to worry about getting married right now." Cassiopeia said looking up when she saw her family owl flying into the Great Hall.

The brown owl landed on the table and began to drink some of Cassiopeia's pumpkin juice while she worked on getting the letter. Once she had it she began to read it over seeing that it was a letter from her parents. Attached to it was a small picture of a brown haired boy with brown eyes and dark skin, he seemed to be around her age and he was very good looking. "Guess I spoke a bit soon." Cassiopeia said showing the picture of the boy to her friends.

"Who is this?" Isabelle asked taking the picture so that she and Andrea could inspect it closely.

"My parents have been looking for someone I could marry, I guess this is one of the boys." Cassiopeia said reading through her parents letter. When she was done she looked back up at her friends, "Yeah, his name is Jacques, he's french, single, and most importantly a pure-blood who's rich. My parents want me to start talking to him because they want me to marry somebody as soon as I leave Hogwarts."

Isabelle handed Cassiopeia the picture back with a sigh, "My parents wouldn't look for a boy for me all the way in France, I have to find him myself." she said causing Andrea and Cassiopeia to laugh a little.

The owl had flown away leaving the three girls alone, "We should head to class now." Cassiopeia said standing up slinging her bag over her shoulder. The three girls began to make their way out of the Great Hall when Cassiopeia tripped over something, she reached her hands out trying to grab on to one of her friends only they were to far away. Instead Cassiopeia found herself in the arms of somebody and looking she saw that it was Remus.

Beside him was Peter, Sirius, and James who were all laughing causing her to glare as she pulled away from Remus and turned to look at the boys. "I've had it with you!" Cassiopeia yelled out. "You tripped me on purpose you no good filthy blood traitors!" She yelled out slapping James across the face before turning and walking out of the Great Hall to look for her friends that hadn't realized she was left behind.