This town- Zach Dempsey

Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there
The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air
It's hard
Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running round
It's funny how things never change in this old town
So far from the stars

The light from the window and the constant buzzing of his phone is what woke Zach up. He was excited to wake up because he was expecting to wake up with you in his arms, but the other side of the bed where your body previously laid the night before was empty and cold with no sign of you whatsoever. Just the smell of your perfume that Zach loved so much. "Where did she go?" He thought to himself. His mind started to wander. Did he move to fast? Did you really feel the same as he did? Or did you lie to spare his feelings? His mind went back to the night before. Last night was probably one of the best nights of Zach's life.

You and Zach have been best friends since you were five years old. Your mothers were best friends since college so it was only natural you and Zach would become close. Over the years, you fell head over heels for your best friend. His charisma, his charm, his gorgeous looks, how he treated you like you were the only girl in the world. However, you didn't think Zach felt the same. You thought he was way out of your league. All though you were best friends, you were both from completely different social standards. He was a jock and you were a book worm. Whenever you two were seen together, you would get looks from everyone in school and hear murmurs all around. But everyone knew to leave you alone or they would get a personal meeting with Zach's fist. You felt Zach deserved better. A cheerleader or a volleyball player. Someone he has more in common with. Not a girl who reads Shakespeare for fun and goes to a bookstore on a Friday night instead of a high school party.

Zach would always try to talk you in to going to a party with him but it just wasn't your scene and he knew that. He wasn't going to force you in to doing something you didn't want to do. You were sitting on his bed talking about Bryce's party that was going on later that night.

"Come on y/n it's just one night. I promise I'll stay by your side the entire night and I won't get drunk. This is the first and last party I'm making you go to." He grabbed your chin and lifted it so that you were looking directly in to his eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes that made you fall deeper and deeper in love with him every day. He didn't have ordinary brown eyes. You thought brown eyes were boring until you looked in to his eyes. You couldn't stop thinking about how his eyes light up when he's talking about something he's passionate about and they glisten when he smiles.

As he kept going about the party you started to doze off and look at his gorgeous features. His dimples, his chubby cheeks, the little crease that forms between his eyebrows when he concentrates, his smile. That god damn smile. That smile that could light up an entire room and cure so many diseases. If only this boy knew what he did to you.

"Earth to y/n!" He started waving his hand in your face. "Did you hear anything I said? Or were you too busy thinking about me naked." He wiggled his eyebrows at you and you pushed his shoulder hard enough to where he almost fell off his bed. You guys would always flirt back and forth, but neither of you took it seriously. "In your dreams Dempsey. If anything, you're the one who thinks about me naked." You wink at him and you swear you saw him blush. "I'm not gonna lie, that I do pretty lady." He winks back at you and this earns him a pillow thrown at his face.

"Parties aren't my scene Zach. You know that. But I don't wanna keep you from your fun. You go to the party and enjoy it. If you need me to come pick you up just call me." You know you don't want him going to that party. The thought of him getting drunk and possibly kissing and hooking up with someone who isn't you kills you. But you don't want to keep him from having an amazing high school experience "You know what? Fuck the party. I'm gonna stay home tonight with my favorite girl and we can do whatever you want." He squishes your cheek and you can't help but blush as you feel butterflies erupting in your stomach.