Chapter 15

Rainpaw peered through the crowd, looking for Featherpaw. Oh, why didn't I have Skypaw stay and look with me, Rainpaw thought. She's been here before and will probably have found her.

Suddenly, Rainpaw caught a glimpse of white and gray and saw Featherpaw running toward her. "Hey! Sorry I took so long. I met Skypaw and we started talking."

Rainpaw's ears flicked up, "What were you talking about?"

"Oh you know. Our father." Skypaw's voice sounded from behind Rainpaw, and she turned her head to see that Skypaw had settled behind her.

Rainpaw was interested, "Do you know who it is?"

Skypaw mewed "no" as Featherpaw mewed "yes".

Rainpaw looked back and forth between her sisters as Skypaw turned to glare at Featherpaw. Featherpaw returned the glare with a nod, and Skypaw stalked off as if angry.

"What was that about?" Rainpaw asked.

Featherpaw growled, "Skypaw wants me not to tell you who our father."

"So, she knows?"

Skypaw padded up to them again and mewed, "Yes, I do. And I'm warning you now, you won't like this."

She nodded to Featherpaw to keep going and sat down with a foreboding look on her face. Featherpaw started telling Rainpaw about her dream.

"Skypaw had the same dream as a kit, but she was in the jungle with a different cat." Featherpaw finished.

"What?! She knew for moons, and she didn't tell us. Her own sisters! Why Skypaw, why?" Rainpaw was shocked.

Skypaw looked defiant, "It was either you wouldn't believe me or hurt Blizzardwind. I didn't want to be the cause of pain."

Rainpaw was furious. "We would believe you and never hurt Blizzardwind." Rainpaw hissed.

"This is supposed to be a time of peace! Break it up, you two." Featherpaw mewed.

Skypaw glared at Featherpaw. "You caused this, and now you're telling us to break it up. Is this the same Featherpaw that I left," Skypaw spat out the last word as if it was venom on her tongue. Then, she whirled around and raced away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Staar Testing got in the way.

I've been wanting to write this paragraph for a while now.

Anyway...

Thanks for reading.

~Skylight