A Night In The Studio

I haven't heard from Zion all day. Throughout the day, my phone will be blowing up with texts from him, Facetime calls, phone calls that seem to pile up on the screenshots as I couldn't reach them in time.

But I appreciate the fact he shows me every day that he likes me. The past 5 months in which I started dating Zion, have truly been the best times of my life. I still remember the first time I met him. His group, PRETTY MUCH, were doing some event somewhere, and they were having a meet and greet. I practically used my whole paycheck to buy the tickets to the event. I wanted to do anything to meet them, I liked their whole image and their music was great. Not to mention they were all fine as shit. But my favorite was Zion, he was truly a man. His height wasn't something I preferred, but everything else about him made me reconsider. His lips were the softest of pinks, as they rested below the cutest nose. His eyes were always bright, and they laid beautifully under his thick eyebrows, which he refused to get done like I told him.  His strong jawline always completed the rest of strong features, but every time he smiled, his whole face softened. And do not even get me started on his body, that's a story for another time. But yeah, I went to the event, which happened to be at the mall close to my house.  I went there about two hours before it actually started, for time reasons and because I needed some stuff for college which was starting soon. I walked to a couple of stores, and by the time I was finished with an hour to spare, I went to some get some thing to eat. A small cafe sat near where PM where having their meet and greet, and I thought it was perfect that it was near. I began to order my usual latte and brownie in the cafe which was many different shades of brown. To boil to the point, let's just say that I was broke and didn't calculate the money I had left to pay for my stuff, and then let's just say Mr.Kuwonu came to rescue. Not only to help pay for my order, but then to flirt with me and give me his number, and as he put it, "Let me give you my number so next time, you can pay me back for buying this for you." 

HE DID THAT. And the rest is history. And we have been here for 5 months. But back to the problem, my baby hasn't talked to me all day. In an attempt to get answers, I called Brandon. I grew close to the boys since I started dating Zion. I would say I was closest to Brandon and Nick, but I loved each of them in a different way. When I need some advice on love and just being in a relationship, I called Brandon. I called Edwin for fashion advice, or to talk shit about him for trashing my outfit that I thought was cute. I called Nick when I wanted a good turn up, and I called Austin when I needed someone to chill with and have a good laugh.  But in the end, I got everything I needed from all of them, best friends.

"Brandon, he hasn't contacted me all day. What's is wrong with him? Does he want to leave me or something?" I complained, hearing my friend sigh on the other end.

"No! Don't say that. Zion is head over heels for you. He would never." He comforted me, only to tell me that he had to go because him,edwin, nick, and austin were going to see IT.

"If you are so worried, just come over and talk to him. He is here at the house, and you're welcomed anytime. You know that."

"Thank you. Love you guys."

"We love you, J. Talk later." He said, and I could hear him smile through the phone. I laughed and said bye to him. The gag is, I was already heading over to their house anyway, so I was walking up the door when I hung up. I couldn't even knock on the door when Brandon opened the front door. He gasped and started to laugh at my quickness. I laughed too and gave him a hug. I looked at his outfit and snapped for him. He wore a plain red champion sweatshirt and some black jeans. A few of gold watches and bracelets were piled on his right wrist, and his white slip on vans were spotless. His glasses say perfectly on his face, the setting sun casting an orange glow on his face.

"YES B! You look so cute," I announced, pulling away and walking into the house of PRETTY MUCH. It was very clean, for the time being. It smelled like cologne, and oddly of pizza, to which I saw the box on the counter of the dining table. The television was off, so I could the reflection of me, and Brandon tidying up before he left. I stood awkwardly in the way, to which brandon told me that Zion was in the studio.

"Yo J, you are so annoying. Stop acting so awkward. Loosen up, we like you. You're welcome here anytime. Don't look so out of place." He acknowledged, hugging me and telling me goodbye as he walked out the door. I let out a breathe, and walked to the basement to which their studio was set up. The door was open, and I walked in, to see my dread-headed baby sitting in some office chair, writing his notebook. He had no shirt on, and a loose set of gret sweatpants sat on his waist. I was scared to say anything, so I didn't.

"Hey baby. Brandon told me you were coming. I am glad you're here." He spoke, not looking up from his notebook. He turned around, and smiled, looking me up and down. He stood up, his body towering over mine by many inches. I smiled and opened my arms at he walked into my arms. He wrapped his arms around my waist, enveloping in warmth, and the smell of cinnamon.

"I hate you, you haven't texted me all day." I said into his chest, leaving a trail of kisses along his collarbone. He let out a deep chuckle into my ear, and said sorry.

"I may have not texted you, but you were on my brain all day. That's why I wanted to give you two gifts." He let me go, and I immediately felt incomplete. I watched him as he walked around the studio, tidying up. I sat down in a random chair, and watched as he walked to the door. He closed it, and he sat down in front of me. He looked at me, leaning back and sulking down into the chair. His legs were open, and I could see the faint outline of his... you know what. I tried not to stare, but he noticed me gulping.

"Don't worry. I want to wait for the perfect time to give you that. But I wanted to give you this. Our anniversary isn't for the next two weeks, but I couldn't wait to give you this. You have been the best thing that happened to me this year. You're so special. And all my friends love you. I never dated a guy before, but you have def turned me out to the point where I couldn't even imagine being with someone else. I know 5 months isn't a long time, but love cannot be measured. So as a token of my love for you, this for you." He smiled, and reached into his pocket, pulling out a long black box. I could feel the tears swelling up in my eyes, and I started to cry as he opened the box, revealing a gold chain, the name "ZION" being the pendent. He got up and kissed me on the forehead as he walked around and began to place the necklace on my neck.

"I want everyone to know that you are mine. I have one with your name on it, but it's not done yet. I am going to wear mine proudly, because I love you. I finally said it out loud. I have been telling myself this for months, but now I finally told you."

"You are amazing. I never felt like this before for anyone. You are my best friend. I cannot express the amount of love I have for you. I love you." I spoke, grabbing his hand and kissing it. He held my hand, and grabbed the notebook.

"The second thing I have for you. Just listen."

The room got silent until a soft falsetto rolled out. My eyes widened as he began to sing a song, a song that I assumed he wrote. Each lyric rolled of his tongue effortlessly. Each word he sung was rewarded with a tear from my eye. The song was beautiful, but one lyric made me blush, and I could feel my hands start to sweat.

A night in the studio, is where it hit me. A night in the studio, is when I made my mark. No matter how close or how far. The golden strip wrapped around your neck, is a symbol of my love in which I continue to raise the bar. A night in the studio, is where I want to read you like an open book, even I read you a million times.

"Zion, are you serious? Is that for me?" He wrapped his arms around my neck, leaving a trail of wet kisses on my face.

"Yes it is. I want the world to hear and see why you make me feel the way I feel. Now, if you want, you can lay on the couch while I finish the song, and when I'm done, I can sing you to sleep." He let go, leaving one more kiss on my forehead, and I watched as he sat in the same position I found him in when I first walked in. This is what a man is. I couldn't wait to hear the finished product. And as I watched his muscular shoulders and back as he wrote, I could sense the feeling in my stomach grow, the feeling that I want to give this boy everything.

A night in the studio is where I was going to give Zion a night he won't forget.