Chapter 51

Muhseen's POV;

  I continued to caress her hair until I was sure she'd fallen asleep. Gently pushing back the strands of hair covering her face, I wiped off her tears and gently picked her up then laid her down on the bed. Covering her up with the duvets covers, I placed a light kiss over her forehead causing her exhale deeply as she tugged unto the covers sinking into it.

   Next, I called on the two maids to take care of the mess Batool created after which I crept into the bed and slept beside her. I watched over her face intently as what she said came back running to me, I repeated over it countlessly in my head like a mantra.

  If you dare lay your hands on me I swear I'll kill myself and everything that's inside me.

   Everything that's inside me? What exactly did she meant by that statement? Could she be... pregnant? Nah that's ridiculous I quickly shook my head to let go off the thought but what if? Nahh it can't be possible. Then what did she meant by the statement "and everything that's inside me???" Gosh I think my mind is slowly drifting away.

  I have-no I need to find out what the actual situation is, could Cara be really really pregnant? I mean there's possibility that she might be regarding the incident that has happened between us but she doesn't have the audacity to hide such information from me does she? And perhaps this's the reason why she's been sick for the couple days back. There is more to the frequent gagging, throwing up, lost of appetite and evening sicknesses too, all are some powerful evidences. Argh! This woman! But does she even have the temerity?

  What if she does? Asked the logical voice in my head.
   Gosh! I don't wanna believe that I mean how can she hide this very essential information from me? Or am I not the father? Now that I've thought of it more closely I realize this is particularly the reason why she was so against me taking her to the hospital, insecure that I would definitely find out that my child is somewhere inside of her growing. What I seem not to understand is why! Why she's keeping this information from me. Goodness isn't this supposed to harmonize our differences? I mean we're going to be parents in a matter of time, we can't raise a kid like this! Until when is this woman willing to put an end to all these chaos? So this is the reason why she's been going all wild and ballistic? Over a news worth jubilating and thanking God for? Wow! I really am confused.

  "Ya Allah ease my pain and make this come to an end please..." I prayed earnestly.

*** Cara and I woke up like every morning the following day preparing for school and ofice respectively. We were mid way through with breakfast when she called out my name, wow! So the hormones are finally letting her speak to me, throughout yestarnight, I've been trying to start a conversation with her, to talk to her but all she did was to shun me as if I do not exist.

  "Yes?" I answered with no delay. "I need my car key" she said avoiding eye contact with me.

  "Why?" I asked almost like immediately.

  "Because I need it" she answered promptly.

  "Are you thinking of driving yourself to school? You know I'm not allowing you do that Cara" I tried speaking as meek as I could because seriously I don't want any of yestarday's incident to repeat itself today and forever.

  "Is school the only place I could go with a car?" She snapped irritably.

  "Then let me know where you're going."