Chapter 2- Insecure

Ross's POV

 I just turned the TV off from watching anime. I was bored but didn't feel like doing anything. After a long time of thinking, I decided to call Shelby, my favourite cousin.

"Hello?" I heard a sobbing Shelby through the phone.

"Shelby? Are you ok?" I asked her. "What's wrong?"

"Ummm, nothing," she perked up, sounding happier. I knew it was fake.

"Umm, ok then," I said, making it sound like I believed her. "What's up?"

"Nothing, you?" She asked.

"I'm bored," I responded.

"Go find something to do then. Play Minecraft. Watch anime. Sleep," she suggested.

"I've done all of those things," I said.

"You're on your own then, cous," She said and hung up.

Shelby's POV

I hung up and set my phone down.

I still couldn't get my mind off what happened today. I went and laid in bed and cried.

~*Time Skip to 6:00*~

I woke up to my phone ringing. I must've cried myself to sleep.

I looked at my phone. It was Tyler. I declined the call and looked at my notifications.

83 messages and 6 calls from Tyler. Great. Just what I need. A "sorry" ex-boyfriend.

I walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

*You are nothing without a boyfriend* a voice in my head said to me. *He was the reason you have friends. You mean nothing, now. You are worthless, ugly and lonely.*

I opened the cupboard in my bathroom. I grabbed my blade and rolled up my sleeve.

Nothing. 1 cut.
No friends. Another cut.
Worthless, ugly, lonely. I now had 5 cuts on my arm.

I pulled my sleeve down and went downstairs to get something to eat.

I made mac n' cheese and went upstairs.

I laid down on my bed after eating and went on  my phone. I checked Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr. I eventually got tired and went to sleep.

~*Time skip to 11 am*~

I woke to the sound of the doorbell ringing. My parents were at work so I had to drag my butt downstairs to see who was at the door.

Tyler

Tyler was at my door.

I slammed the door in his face. At least, tried to. He stuck his foot out so the door wouldn't shut.

"Shelby, I'm so sor-" He started.

"No. I don't want to hear it," I stopped him. He took a few steps forward and I took steps back.

"Please, let me explain," He started walking towards me.

"Stop!" I shouted. "Get out of my house before I call the cops!"

"Shelby, please!" He begged me.

I grabbed the phone, dialed 911 and showed him the screen. My thumb was about to hit the "call" button but he backed out the door. I slammed the door, making Shadow jump.

I ran upstairs, got dressed into a pair of black ripped jeans, a black shirt and other accessories. I did my makeup and went to my laptop.

In the search bar of Google, I searched "plane tickets".

I had to get away from my New Jersey life.