Missing Dan

Dan woke up, one night, sweating. Sweat covered his face and drenched his sheets, even though it was only 10°C outside.
Dan had known Phil for almost 8 years, and lived with him for 6, and he's had these dreams for quite a while. In every dream, there's the same brown haired blue eyed boy, and he and the boy both look to be high schoolers.
In this dream, the boy was crying. He looked as if he was running, from what or to where Dan did not know. All Dan could remember the next morning from the dream was just the face of this mysterious boy, and the scene played in his head over and over again. He could still hear the sound of his sobbing after he woke up. The strangest thing was, he felt like he had something to do with it.

"Phil?" Dan called for his friend, anxious to tell him about it. No answer came, so Dan decided to check on him in his room next door.
"Phil?" Dan said again as he opened the door to the older boy's room. Phil was fast asleep. Dan glanced at the clock in the room. It was 6:30 a.m. Dan decided to leave Phil alone, since he was never really much of a morning person anyway.
With the only other person in the house asleep and Dan being unable to fall asleep again, he decided to grab a coffee and go for a quick stroll. This is not usually something he would choose to do unless there was no other choice, especially when it's cold out, but Dan felt the urgent need to get out of the house. It's just a quick stroll, he thought. I'll be back before Phil wakes up.
So putting on his shoes and coat, he made sure to close the door as quietly as he could before stepping outside. A
Almost immediately after he exited the house he felt a cold gush of wind hit him in the face and shivered, already wishing he was back inside.
Just deal with it Dan, he told to himself. You need this.
Dan trudged on through the thick snow with no clue where he was going but he knew he wasn't going home.

Phil woke up a few hours later to an awfully quiet and empty house, which puzzled him because usually Dan is not this quiet. Maybe he was still asleep? He's not exactly what you'd call a morning person anyway. Phil decided not to bother him because he lived with Dan long enough to know how he is when someone wakes him up when he's tired, and he was not looking forward to seeing that ever again. He'd like to keep his limbs, thank you very much.

He crept down the stairs and into the living room and turned on the TV. An all new episode of their favorite show was on after the season ended almost half a year ago. He couldn't watch it without Dan though; he'd rather get scolded for waking Dan up than slaughtered for watching an episode without him. Yikes... Just imagining it sent a chill down his spine.
Making sure not to make too much noise, and failing miserably as you can probably hear him in the next apartment ( he's not good with stealthiness) He went up to Dan's room to check on him... only to find he was not there. Phil frowned. Where could he be? How big was the apartment that he couldn't find Dan? He went back downstairs to see if Dan was down there and had no better luck at finding him, and was about to give up when he noticed the front door was unlocked. Dan must have left without him knowing... But why didn't he say anything first?
He burst out the door and looked around. He didn't know when Dan left so he had no way of knowing how far he could have gone. A wave of panic came down over Phil as he realized his best friend was gone. How did he lose him? What a terrible friend.
What if something happened to him?

Relax, Phil, a voice in his head assured him. Daniel's a grown man. He'll take care of himself. Besides, how far could he have gotten? The guy's so unfit, just crossing the street makes him tired. Hey, he's almost as bad as you! The voice teased.
Haha. So funny.
Or, another voice pointed out. He could be dead. I mean, London is a very dangerous place. Plus, he's been gone for who-knows-how-long? He could have been mugged, or hit by a car, or kidnapped, or-
Stop, you'll make him worry! The other voice hisses. But it was too late. Phil had practically lost all sanity that was left in him at that instance.
"Oh, crap, I've gotta find him!" He bit his bottom lip, and ran out the door into the traffic, not caring that is practically freezing and he was still in just his pajamas.