And I'll use you as a warning sign, Talk some sense to me

A/N: Some of the extra short stories like this one are from a 30-day writing challenge that I'm going that are mostly 250 words. Enjoy!

--------------

I wasn't supposed to fall in love with her. There were so many warning signs telling me not to fall for her, and she was the biggest one. Her long blonde hair fell halfway down her back in cascading waves, her chocolate brown eyes had flecks of gold scattered in them and they seemed to shift colors in different lighting. She was the quintessence of beauty, my knees felt weak and my heart beat stronger and so fast that it felt like it would flutter out of my chest at any moment whenever she was around.

I've never felt anything like this.

I don't believe in love at first sight, even after catching that first glimpse of her passing through the high school hallways. Everything that I was feeling was so confusing and it frustrated me so much that I didn't know what to do.

Most days, all I wanted to do was run up and talk to her, so one day I did. I gathered up all the courage I could muster and walk up to her. I felt too nervous, more nervous than I was used to and I wished more than ever that someone would come over and talk some sense into me.

At first, she looked at my funny, but her face soon relaxed and she gave me an easy-going smile. "Hey, I'm Micha! And you are?" She tilted her head in an adorable way that made me want to kiss her.

"I'm Ella, it's nice to meet you, are you new?" I questioned her and that was the beginning of everything