I Got the Job!

This story is in your perspective. 'y/n means your name is being mentioned. Please enjoy this first person short story!
_____________________________
My phone started to ring. It was a number I recognized, but didn't have saved into my contacts. The call I had been waiting for. My friend Youngmi, sitting across the table, looked at me and mouthed, "pick it up, pick it up". So I did.

"Hello?" My hand was shaking so much, I had to hold it steady with the other one.

"Is this y/n?" A man on the other line asked.

"Yes it is," I answered the man. He went on to tell me his name and that he was the manager of a boy group called BTS.

"You've gotten the job as a personal stylist for one of the boys."

"I have?!" I stood up from my seat, causing a few people in the restaurant to look my way. Youngmi stared in disbelief when she heard my response.

The man said I would be starting my new job on Monday. They didn't know which member I'd be working for yet, but they'd have it all figured out in time.

I sat back down, not wanting to draw more attention. "Okay. Thank you so much! Goodbye." I hung up, not being able to say a word. Youngmi and I looked at each other.

She put her drink down. "Well...?"

I beamed from ear to ear. "I got the job..."

We found ourselves squealing over the news, getting a few shushes from people here and there.

I was bombarded with questions from Youngmi. "Which member will you work for? When do you start? How much do you get payed? Can I come with you?"

I tried my best to answer all of her questions. "They don't know which member I will work for, I start on Monday, I'd rather not say how much I get payed, and you're not coming with me."

Youngmi made a little frown-face. "Fine. Well anyway, I'm happy for you. Totally not jealous at all."

I chuckled a bit. "Look, if they allow it, maybe I can bring you with me once in a while."

"Yay!" The waiter brought over our food, which made us both happier than we already were.

As we ate, I couldn't help thinking about which member I'd get to be paired up with. Would it be the noble leader, Kim Namjoon? Maybe the eldest, Kim Seokjin? What about the two members of the rap line, Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok? Park Jimin with the high pitched vocals, or Kim Taehyung with the low voice? Maybe even my bias, the youngest, Jeon Jungkook?

The thought of getting to work with Jungkook gave me chills. Of course it probably wouldn't happen, though. He probably already had a stylist. I'll be fine with whoever I end up with, but it doesn't hurt to hope for your bias in this situation.

As Youngmi continued talking, I took this chance to study her face. I looked at her small eyes, her short, dark hair that went above her shoulders, and her makeup. I realized how much she meant me. She was the first friend I made when I moved to Seoul. We worked at the same beauty salon for about a year, then we both applied for the job of BTS's personal stylist. She should've gotten the job with me, which made me feel pretty bad. Youngmi is very supportive of it, though. She's the ultimate fangirl.

"Yah! Did you hear me?" She scolded me, her mouth full of noddles. I didn't hear her, so I shook my head 'no'.

"I said you need to take pictures and send them to me while you're working, okay?" I laughed at her comments. Did she really think I could do that? That's a huge invasion of privacy. But I'd do anything for Youngmi.

"Alright, I'll try," I assured her, and began eating my food. I suddenly didn't feel all that hungry anymore as I kept thinking about the job. What if I don't do well? What if the boys don't like me? What if I do worse than the other stylists? There was a pit in my stomach, telling me I was terribly nervous. I still managed to choke down my food.

Brring! Brring! Brring!
It was Monday morning and my alarm clock woke me up at 5:00 a.m. I was feeling tired, so I decided to rest my eyes a little bit. Wait! They shot open as I remembered something. Today was the day. The day that starts it all. Today I got to meet my idols. From now on, I get to work for them. I'm being payed to touch their hair and clothes! I tried to erase that thought from my memory. It sounded too creepy.

I jumped out of bed and scurried to the kitchen. I opened my Keurig and placed a coffee cup in there. I put a pink mug under the spout, chose the size I wanted, and let it brew.

I took this time to fix up my bed. I went to the bed and evenly spread out the baby blue blanket I used the night before. I straightened my white pillow and the few stuffed animals that sat at the foot. I put my favorite stuffed animal (an alpaca with pastel colors) at the head of the bed next to my pillow. I gave him a quick kiss on the nose and went back to get my breakfast.

I got half a blueberry bagel from the fridge, put a little bit of peanut butter on it, grabbed my coffee, then went to the living room. I sat down on the couch and scrolled through Instagram. I saw a bunch of posts relating to colorful food, and liked more than half of them. I then got a text from Youngmi.

Youngmi
Have a great day! Make sure to send pictures!!!!!💕

Y/n
Thanks!😘

Youngmi always makes me laugh.

I finished breakfast and checked the time: 5:23. I'm supposed to be there by 6:30. Good. I have plenty of time... I got up from the couch and put my mug in the sink. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Now came the hard part: having to pick out something to wear.

My head was spinning as I opened my closet. All the colors, all the different styles. I checked the temperature on my phone. It was pretty cool outside, so I'd need something warm. But then again, I'd probably need something that wouldn't make me feel too hot. Damn...

After much indecisiveness, I finally picked something out.

(with black and white Adidas Superstar sneakers and white ankle high socks)

I put on some music and sat in front of the full-length mirror in my room to do my makeup and fix my hair. As I sang along, I messed up my lipstick a few times. My mascara also wasn't that great, but whatever.

I put my stuff away and grabbed my phone. I threw my small purse over my shoulder and headed out. The time was exactly 6:00 a.m. when I headed out the door.

I walked down the hallway of the apartment building and exited. There's no turning back now... I strolled down the street toward my new job.