Queen Never Shuffle, You Deal

Getting back in the studio was the best thing for me right now, mentally speaking of course. For me to have to address these no name ass bitches whilst I was in the midst of breaking records was, to say the least, a whole damn headache. Coming back to the US with a  new mindset and a new goal in life was just what was needed. I had little-to-no down time whatsoever while I was dropping the '3 Packs From Paris' to ease the Barbz minds after some bitch from my past tried to make a name for herself at my expense. Sometimes I really didn't understand why the hate some women feel the need to spew at one another instead of uplifting each other.

     Hopefully these bundles'll keep 'em all in line and satisfied whilst I take some time for myself. Being the Queen of Rap isn't just some small feat that's easily achieved by taking someone else's work and trying, operative word being trying, to make it your own; but then again, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

     Stepping out of the G5, I immediately noticed that my car was already waiting for me with my security team close by. Sending up a quick Hallelujah, I start trekking down the stairs of the G5 and onto the pavement as my security instantly surrounds me as they escort me to the shiny black Cadillac Escalade. While en route, my phone starts to vibrate, notifying me that I have an incoming call from someone and I think to myself 'Why though? I just wanna rest in bed.' Taking a look at the screen, I see it's my fellow label mate, Drake. I debated on answering the phone partly due to the fact that I wanna just make it to my bed, though my publicist won't allow it, and the other reason is that I know why he's calling me.

     Sighing in defeat, I answer. "Hey Aubrey, honey, how are you?" I greet him as I instantly regret picking up the phone. "Hey baby!" he says, "I heard you touching down in NYC." To which I go on to reply with "Yeah, you heard right. Barbie is back in the Big Apple. I'm only staying for maybe a day or two and you know, back on the road." And here it comes... "Yeah I here you, but listen uhhh..." he's about to shoot his shot. "I'm gonna be up there soon and I'm trying to link up. What you think about that?" 'Really? Is that the best "Champagne" can do?' I think to myself as I laugh, which leaves my bodyguards looking at me crazy. To his shot, I smoothly reply with "Sorry, Barbie has got a full schedule. This ain't a luxury stop for me honey, I'm headed to the studio to work on something for Major Lazer and then it's special appearances that need to be made." Sadly there is no break from stardom, even when you're on your off season. "Damn baby, I see you making your moves out here. Well let me know when we can link. You know I'm just checking to see if you a'ight after that lil' situation of yours fell through." At times like this, I wish it was Drake whom I had been with. He can be so caring even through all the shit we been through with each other. With a quick exchange of thank you's, and goodbye's we hang up as he leaves me with a smile on my face.

----

      Even when I put the word out, that I'm going on break, the demand for Barbie's verses are in full. As much as I appreciate the gesture, a nigga is motherfuckin tired! Still, I put on a brave face and go ahead to the studio to meet up with Major Lazer and see what they got for me to work on. I'll admit that I had some doubts about what could come from them, I loved the beat they played and when I heard PND's verse... I just knew I had to spit fire. The plus side to this was that it had an island riddim (rhythm) vibe to it, I could really let loose. As we make our entrance into the studio, I'm greeted by Diplo, DJ Jillionaire, & Walshy Fire along with PARTYNEXTDOOR. To say I was astonished, would be an understatement; the work he's done with Aubrey, and just in general, has blown me away and to finally work with him myself, although indirectly, is still something I've wanted. Without wasting much time, we dove straight for the bread and the bones chopping, mixing, and laying down bars so fast that we managed to finish by 4 a.m., which has honestly left me exhausted.

        I honestly wanted to go home because like I had said before, a nigga is tired. I was glad that they allowed me to go to a hotel for some R&R. The drive to the hotel was silent and all I could think about is my need for something new. I'm tired of these lame wannabe gangsta ass niggas, not just talking about music either. I want someone that could be kind and sweet in the streets, but fuck me like Christian Grey in the sheets. I got to my hotel room and the first thing that I did was jump of the bed. My feet were hurting from the stilettos that I was wearing ALL DAY. "I wonder what my Barbz are up to." I scrolled through Instagram and Twitter before taking a quick selfie and drawing myself a well-deserved hot shower.

          After what felt like hours, which was actually an hour and a half, I decided it was time to finally leave the bathtub. Making short work of drying myself off, I headed back to my room with a Versace bathrobe on only to drape myself across the soft California king mattress. "I really don't want to be bothered tomorrow." I say aloud to no one in particular. With that in mind I decide it best to moisturize now and get some sleep before I have to jump on my prior obligations; getting up to move the dresser I grabbed my coconut oil and Johnson & Johnson baby lotion. Seeing that it was already 10:16, I hurried with the process of moisturizing only to be interrupted by my phone going off. A text from Champagne.

          "Hey ma, I'm just checking on you before I head out on the road. You straight?" The message read, which only served to make me smile, laugh, and blush all in a second. "Hey Aubrey. How sweet it is of you to check up on little ol' me. Everything over here is Gucci, I'm just about to head to bed. What's with you?" I quickly type while feeling all giddy. Just as quick as I sent it off, my phone started to ring... "I just sent that text" I answer, under the impression it was Champagne, only to be hit with "What text? I haven't received anything Onika." Phillip. My goddamn publicist, honey give a chick a break. "Hey sweetie, I'm sorry thought you were Drake." I meekly responded. He responded "Aww, sadly I'm not your boyfriend." with a slight chuckle in his voice. Laughing along with him, I tell him "He isn't my man, you know." To which he replied "Yet; but all that aside, I called to remind you of the photoshoot with Mac tomorrow as well as your studio session with Katy." This is exactly why I don't wanna answer the phone for him; he always brings me some bad news. Still got love for my boy though. "You stay trying me, you're gonna make me write a diss on you," we both laugh "but yeah, I remember all of it. I was just gonna get some sleep." After wrapping up that redundant conversation and exchanging goodbye's, I decided it was officially time to K.O..

           After looking at the clock, 11:26, I was about to turn off the lights when my phone was flashing. I noticed that Drake's message was still unanswered... deciding to play games, I opened it, read it, and put my phone on the charger. Like. I. Just. Said. It's time for bed. With that, I laid my hair down and wrapped it in a satin bonnet cap and let sleep consume my mind, body, and soul.

SOOOOOOO What do you guys think of the story so far?
Writing flows will randomly switch up from time to time since both of us work on each others books.
As always, constructive thoughts matter and enjoy yourselves. #PeaceLoveJoy