28

So i am back with the next chapter !!!

I am so glad that you are back for the next update😊
Read on ...

Happy reading !!!

〰〰〰〰〰〰
Danielle

It was finally Saturday. I was curious to find out why my dad wanted to meet Kareem. There were numerous scenarios going round in my head, each one crazier than the other. I didn't ask Kareem about it nor did i vroach the topic with Dad.

As i walked down the stairs to head over to the kitchen i heard the door bell ring. My father reached it before me revealing our guest - Kareem.

"Good morning sir."

My father thumped him on the back and replied to his greeting warmly. "Good morning son. I am glad you could make it over this morning. How have you been doing ?"

"Fine thank you sir," he answered with a smile. It was clear that my father intimidated him a bit. I think it had something to do with
the alpha power that all alphas exude. It has an effect even on humans, although a bit less than the effect it would have on a werewolf.

"Oh stop with all that formality. You can call me Darryl."

"Okay sir.. uh i mean Darryl."

"Come on let's sit in the dining room."

Julie walked in at that moment and stood next to me. "Hey Kareem !"she said.
That seemed to break Kareem out of whatever trance he was in. Noticing me for the first time in the room, he seemed to let go of some of his nervousness. Smiling he returned Julie's greeting and came over to give me a side hug.
"How are you Dani ?"
"Great" i said with a wide grin that was totallt fake because in reality i was curious and nervous at the same time about this meeting.

In the kitchen mom was just about finishing with breakfast. I headed over to help her.

"Hey mom. What can i help you with ?"

"Hello baby. You could take the toast and jam to the table."

Before i turned to leave with the food i asked her, "What is this meeting about mom ? Dad has never requested any of my friends to come over before, to meet them specifically and if that wasn't enough he invited Kareem over to share a meal ! He never does that !!!"

I ended my no-stops-for-breath rant i gulped in air. My mom looked over at me from near the stove, "Honey i wish i knew too. I did ask you father but he said that it was not something i needed to worry about."

"Oh okay. Well i guess i will see soon."

With that i headed out to the dining room. Dad and Kareem seemed to be engrossed in their conversation and i was very curious to know what they were talking about.

".... a position there. An internship with the company would be a good option." was what i heard dad say. When they saw me he suddenly stopped.

"What's going on dad ?" as i looked on at Kareem and Dad who both wore serious expressions.

Das sighed and said, " Well i was going to do this on my own without you knowing the full plan but i guess i should tell you.
Dani you know about the transport company that your grandfather started,that i still run. I always wished that you would wish to join the company some day and i was glad when you decided to study commerce. So as CEO of the company i would like my heir to do an internship at the company Moonlight Transportation.
How do you feel about joining the internship program next week ?"

I was happy and replied, "I would love to dad ! You know how much i love it. "

"That's good ! You will be assisting some of the top executives on an assignment. However you would have to travel for that."

"No problem. Where do i have to go?"

Dad smiled and had a mischievous gleam in his eyes. Exchanging glances with Kareem he said,
" Umerah."

😀😀😀😀😀

💬🗯💬💬
The family reunion was amazing ! I love meeting up with everyone cause it is really is fun getting to catch up with everyone. My cousins are all of varied ages, one goes to kindergarten, the other is in highschool, two are in uni, a few are working and one little munchkin is still on the way😁

But ofcourse there is always something that HAS to go wrong or become awkward when the whole fam-bam comes together.... that's a story for another day !

💜💜💜
I would love to receive feedback from you all and what you think about the story and also as many votes this story can get.

Don't forget you can vote for as many chapters as you wish to. I really hope you vote for them all.

Please press that little star at the bottom of your screen😊 Thank you ! Remember only one tap per chapter ( if you double tap the vote gets cancelled.)

Follow me on instagram
@si_hudson