Chapter Four

Lu had been wrong, and her fair haired friend had been so correct that it frustrated me.

I'd drank perhaps a bit more than I should have last night, and Lu'd had to walk me back to the accommodation at midnight, constantly telling me to shut up because I was talking too loudly.

With the group, I'd managed to make my way through a good amount of bottles, talking my way into being given more. The fair-haired man, who's name had turned out to be Calvin, had taken a few of the bottles away from me warning me that I wouldn't feel good in the morning, and once I was sober, I'd want to thank him, but I'd always managed to get another from somewhere else.

I awoke to the clanging of metal like every morning, Four shouting for us to wake up. My head pounded, and I'd felt incredibly nauseous the second that I sat up.

"Wow, you look..." Talulah spoke, pausing for a second. "...Rough."

I frowned and looked at her. "Oh thanks."

She smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry, but you really need to look in the mirror.. and have a shower."

"Don't I know it." I threw the sheets back to stand up, and realised that I was wearing my night clothes, but I had no idea how I got them on.

"Did you drink last night?" Talulah questioned.

"Yes... I wish I hadn't now." I grumbled and stood up, pushing my hair out of my face. I grabbed the things that I needed and headed towards the bathroom, muttering to myself. "I wish I'd listened to Calvin."

~

I freshened up a bit, and tied my hair in a tight bun on top of my head, before changing into my jumpsuit that I'd only worn for a few hours last night. Talulah waited for me, and we walked to the dining hall together.

We were just around the corner from it, when I heard Lu's voice. "Oi, you drunken mess!"

I looked over my shoulder, heat rushing to my cheeks. "Don't..." I grumbled.

She laughed and caught up to Talulah and I. "Do you have a headache?"

"It's thumping." I complained.

She laughed again. "That's what you'll get for drinking a lot... How much do you remember?"

"Uhm..." I thought about it for a second. "Sweet-talking your friends into giving me more, Calvin confisgating it, falling off of my chair and you telling me to shut up on the way to bed."

"Not a great amount then." She grinned. "Let's hope we don't bump into Calvin this morning, he'll definitely rub it in that he was right."

I rolled my eyes. "Just what I want."

She laughed once more and looked at Talulah. "You should have joined us."

Talulah shook her head. "After seeing the state that she woke up in this morning, I don't think it's a very good idea."

Lu smirked. "Did anyone else notice her? What about Four?"

"No I don't think so... Four didn't really stick around after he woke us up."

"Oh..." Lu shrugged. "You've still got that to come as well then, Jac!"

I groaned. "I'm never agreeing to hang out with you again."

Lu scoffed. "You'll come back for more... Everyone comes back for more!"

She and Talulah giggled, and I sighed, looking around as we entered the dining hall.

"Mm, breakfast smells good!" Talulah exclaimed, as she skipped towards a table. I didn't agree. My stomach had started doing flips.

Lu and I followed her to the table and sat down. I poured myself a cup of water, and sipped it slowly, the nausea from earlier reforming itself inside of me.