Prologue

Julia Queen sat on her bed with a book curled up in her lap. Dino, her puppy, rested at her feet that were covered in a blanket, and the young girl couldn't help but feel as if nothing was wrong with the world she lived in. Of course, it was complete and utter bullshit and there were plenty of things wrong in the world, in her world actually.

Dino's head shot up when the door opened to reveal her older sister, Thea, clad in her pajamas and a different book in hand. The thirteen year old looked at the twelve year old with a small smile. "I was hoping I could, um, read to you tonight so that we both have someone.." It was the anniversary of the day their dad and brother passed away in a freak storm when on the Queen Gambit, Julia and Thea alike didn't want to be alone.

The younger girl in the room waved her in with a small smile of nothing but understanding, and put the book that she was reading on her nightstand. Thea moved to the other side of the bed, and Julia curled up next to the older girl, Dino following his owner and snuggling beside Thea. This was a normal occurrence for the two girls, and dog, every year the date came by they'd keep each other company.

"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, we proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much..." Thea's voice rang out in the room and once she got to chapter two the girl and puppy beside her were fast asleep, leading her to set the book aside and find herself under the blankets with her little sister.

This continued on until the day Thea turned sixteen, and Julia at the time didn't understand what was happening, but she did have hope that one day things would be better for everyone in the Queen family, including Walter even though he most definitely was not a Queen. So as she sat in her room on the day her brother and father died, a book in her lap, and Dino, now no longer a puppy but an almost full-grown Border Collie, she knew that Thea would not come through those doors.

But she also knew that Thea started believing that Oliver was alive, and probably didn't want to need support on that day because she didn't want to pretend he was dead. Julia wanted to believe he was alive but that day wouldn't come. And call her pessimistic but there was absolutely no reasonable way he could've survive for four years.

But that was until a fisherman sailed passed an island a year later.

authors note;
So prologue done! I'm so excited for Julia's character! Also, I thought that there should be a dog in the family it just seemed right so welcome Dino! He's a Borer Collie, so he looks like this sort of:

authors note;So prologue done! I'm so excited for Julia's character! Also, I thought that there should be a dog in the family it just seemed right so welcome Dino! He's a Borer Collie, so he looks like this sort of: