Chapter 32

He continues to speak "I know not how to explain everything. I did tell you that my prowes was to enhance others but it is one of many talents I have."
"You mean it's not the only power you have?"
He shakes his head "I forsaw many things but denied it because of what it would mean my sweet and innocent little brother would become."
The image of Michael crushing his father's skull with a rock flashes in my mind and the word slips out "murderer." I give him an apologetic look but he just sighs "so you forsaw it as well. How much more did you forsee?"
"I didn't. Aya... Aya showed me."
He smiles kindly "you haven't spoken her name since you arrived."
I give him a smile but it's nowhere near being a happy one. His smile fades and he continues on "I forsaw much of what was to come in my childhood. I saw not only the future but the past as well, as if someone wanted me to know the truth of my destiny. I saw an angel fall from heaven for a child she loved so dearly but her fragile vessel could not contain her devine power, so she gave them to the ones she trusted not to abuse them." He looks through the window as if speaking of something far away "to her most beloved, she gave the devine power of understanding and the name 'amica'."
"Friend."
"Yes, knowing he would be to all who knew him. I forsaw Lucifer swearing to fulfill a boys every wish so long as he would be his vessel in the end."
I remember the dream I had of Michael looking into a mirror and smiling then walking down the stairs as his reflection pounded on the glass and mouthed "let me out" and "help me." As I come to the conclusion I speak "Micheal."
"I didn't want to believe it was him. I forsaw him allowing his first follower, Luke, into his own child. Though I also forsaw the child to be pure enough to rebel. I saw light and shadow converging but one turned a shadow into light rather then pushing it back. I forsaw the all these things so long ago but most of all, I saw you." He looks at me again as he says the last word and I can feel my eyes widen. He looks back down at the counter "I saw the knight you would become, I just never knew how to communicate that I wished to help. You still do not know the extent of the power she's given you." I tilt my head, wondering what he meant but my eyes wander to the counter and widen as I realize she gave Micheal a power, too "she gave Michael power" I look up at him "why?" He sighs "you are clever. Tis as Eve sinned by picking the apple, twas meant to happen." I shake my head "he'll be more powerful now. I still don't know what power she gave him." He shakes his head "she does not quite give power, she only gives more of a quality someone already posses. Much as I can enhance the power of another."
"But what about him? What's  his quality?" His look turns sour "anger. If he is anything it is spiteful, venomous, he's like a dragon. He never liked it that mother called him a spitfire, but he used to be so much sweeter and more innocent." It clicks in my mind like a switch, fire and venom. What was the shield I saw him holding up then? Is that another power he has now? What will my understanding be able to do against that? Am I so inferior to him?