Plain Sailing

"Morning..."

Juniper's voice made Black freeze as he rolled out of bed, dressed in only a set of boxers.

He spun around. "Did we have drunk sex?"

"God no."

"Oh."

"Don't sound so disappointed! Do you not want to remember your first... bedroom encounter with me...?" She bit her lip, scowling at the Alpha as he began to laugh.

"Bedroom encounter?" He waggled his fingers. "Is that what Princesses call sex?"

"Shove off."

"Are you nervous?"

"About what?"

"Our first 'bedroom encounter'?" He giggled, wincing in the next second as his mate threw the nearest object at him: which happened to be a pillow.

"Your dirty hands aren't getting anywhere near my pants." Juniper scowled, climbing out of bed, walking behind the changing partition. "Look, and I will end you."

"With kisses?"

Juniper's middle finger appeared above the wooden partition.

"You love me really!"

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I've got five fingers and the middle one's just for you." Juniper sung.

"I saw."

"Did you now...?"

"I most definitely did." Black appeared, leaning against the partition, watching her with greedy eyes, catching her hand as Juniper went to slap him.

She was after all, only half dressed.

And the part that was dressed was her bottom half.

He popped her middle finger into his mouth, smiling as he did. "Mine." He mumbled, staring at her finger. "I graciously accept your present."

"Back on the other side, horny teenager." Juniper said. "And take your finger fetish with you."

"Sure thing, Pookie."

"OK, darling."

"Oh." Her head popped back around the partition. "What's the day today?"

"Wednesday, why?" He asked, having spotted her small grin before she disappeared back behind the flimsy wooden barrier.

"I knew it."

"What's so important about Wednesday?"

"It's the day after that's important."

"Huh?"

"Oy!" Blaze stuck his head around the door. "Black! Get downstairs, you lazy git. We've got work to do!"

"I'm busy."

"With what?!"

"Pookie Bear, what's so important about tomorrow?" He turned back to the partition, not bothering to watch as Blaze's jaw dropped.

"Already?" He mouthed, his eyes narrowing when he spotted no sign of a bite or a Mate Mark anywhere on the other blonde.

"The trash gets picked up tomorrow." Juniper said, striding out, fully clothed, from behind the partition, strutting into the bathroom. "You should get ready."

Black smirked. "I love her..."

"You mean you actually like being insulted all the time?" Blaze stared at him.

"He's a masochist, so of course he would!" Juniper yelled.

"Only for you, Pookie Bear... Only you..." He grinned, offering out an arm as she re-emerged from the bathroom a few minutes later. "Come on. We've got work to do."

"Support work?"

"Yep." Black nodded. "We're helping out Blaze today."

"What's he in charge of?"

"Media. The Press... All that stuff." He said, grabbing them both a cereal bar from the kitchen as they passed. "He tries to keep us in the good light with the public."

"Don't people want to know you're only a mere werewolf at the end of the day?"

"Goddess no." Black shook his head. "If we make a mistake, then the public will tear us to shreds. They expect us to be perfect... Which is why we have Blaze. He'll smooth out any of our misdeeds, and try and ensure we don't fall out of the public's good graces."

"And what are we doing here, exactly?"

"We're going to help him with his job, because thanks to me getting drunk, Blaze has a hell of a lot more work..." Black shrugged. "We might be rewording a few articles..."

"Isn't this sort of like propaganda?" Juniper tilted her head. "Limiting what the public learn..."

"Nope." He shook his head. "We never remove any articles. All we do is simply input our side of the story into the article..." Black shrugged. "They only send us the articles involving us. Besides. People are free to write whatever they want online about us." He smiled sideways at her. "Arrow's network is in charge of monitoring any hate groups that might form."

"So, you destroy these hate groups?"

"No." He sighed. "For crying out loud! We aren't some evil regime!"

"Oh."

Black elbowed her. "We see if we can figure out why they're so ticked off, and see if we can repair the damage."

"And what if you can't repair the damage?"

"Then we keep an eye on them." He sighed. "Too many Elders have been killed by hate groups to let them slide under the rug."

"There's only the lot before you that are left, isn't there?"

"Yep." Black sighed. "Which is why we're really careful now... With everything..."

"I suppose I'd better make sure I don't fudge this up, then..."

"I won't let you, Pookie."

"Are you going to show me the ropes, then?"

"Literally?" Black tilted his head. "Well, we'd have to go and visit Thorn-"

"I'll tie you up with them, if you don't shut up."

"I might like that." Black grinned.

"So, you'd like being completely at my mercy?"

The wide grin on her face sent shivers down his spine. "No."

"Well..." She poked his nose. "Don't go saying silly things, then..."

"Pookie Bear." He stared at her, mischief in his eyes. "I highly doubt you'd be able to tie me up in the first place... From what I hear... Hunter handed you your arse. On a silver platter."

She gritted her teeth.

"Nothing to say to that?" One blonde eyebrow quirked.

She glowered at him, her dark blue eyes burning into his deep brown ones.

"No witty comeback...?" Black smirked. "Aww... Pookie Bear... What's the matter?" He asked. "Why so quiet...?"

Juniper shrugged. "Well... No one plans a murder out loud, do they, now?"

-----

ILLENIS HERE

Oh, how I would love to use that comeback... yet I always seem to think of them after the opportunity has passed. Anywho, hope you're all enjoying the story so far. It'll hopefully get bit more interesting and action-packed towards the end, I promise.

See ya next time.

-----