one

➖ one ➖

➖ one ➖

Isabella wasn't going to lie, she hated being a sales person. It was the last job she would want to work, but under tight circumstances, this was the only that was suited for her situation. She did have a college degree in journalism, but that job could easily expose her and who she is.

Her current job was worse then hell itself. She hated being treated like trash by people who thought hey were above her. Often, she wanted to show them who she actually was, but they would only laugh at her and call her a psycho.

But she had to be honest, being treated like a low class, was better then being in the spotlight constantly with no way out.

"Where are the rich bitches?" One of her coworker cried out, as she stared at the empty store. "Usually they would be pouring out on Monday afternoons, where they at now?"

Isabella stifles her laughter. Her and her coworker weren't exactly friends, they only conversed at work and it was only small talk that involved work and only work. It was usually odd for her to laugh at others.

As if on cue, the door opens and in walks a guy wearing a track suit.

"Is one of you guys going to tell him he can't shop here?" Frank, one of the workers, came out from the cashier to stand next the doors. "Because I'm not doing it."

Isabella frowns, confused as to why they won't allow him to look around. "What's the problem with him looking around."

The two laughs at her, and shakes their head. "It's store policy. Can't pay, don't come. Haven't you read the employee handbook?"

She continued to frown. "I read the handbook front to back and there was nothing said about it."

Charlene and Frank gave each other a look, then shrug their shoulders. "Since your a beginner, then you go tell him."

She quickly shakes her head as her eyes widen. Isabella could do whatever they told her to, but this one wasn't one of them. "I'm not doing it."

Charlene and Frank stood on either side of her, and leans in close to her ear. "You wouldn't want the big boss to know you're not following orders, do you?"

They were taunting her.

Her shoulders sagged at bit as she took a glance of the poor stranger she was going to kick out. He looked like a nice person and she was for sure going to feel bad later in the day.

"Fine." She mumbled, then took small steps towards the guy. He was too buy inspecting the wallets to notice she was standing behind him. Her heart started to quicken, and she was scared her knees were going to buckle.

With an intake of air, she breaths out the words she didn't want to say.

He looks up at her with a confused look, and asks her to repeat what she just said.

"I'm sorry, but we can't assist you in our store?" She mumbled, but it was loud enough for him to hear.

"Oh—are you guys closed or something? It said you guys don't close until 8?" He sounded so innocent.

Isabella awkwardly scratched the back of her head. "It's just according to store rules, if you can't afford anything then you must leave."

His eyes narrows, and the corners of his mouth curl up into a snarl.

"Are you trying to assume I'm poor?"

— — — —
a/n; i hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter, i'll try to update as much as i can.
any constructive criticism is welcomed, so please comment if you have any. it would really help me improve my writing.
thank you for taking your time in read, and hope you guys enjoy