Answer

"I think I've got it!"

You bound down the hallway on quick feet, grasping a sheet of paper tightly in your hand as you slide into the kitchen.

Yoongi's there, a piece of toast in front of him and his computer opened up beside him. His black hair shimmers cleanly under the kitchen lights.

"Hm?" he asks, without looking up. "What is it?"

You sit beside him, slapping the piece of paper in your hand onto the table. It sticks there limply, a white sheet of evidence.

"Okay, so Taehyung's credit card was used two weeks ago at the next town over, right?" You point a finger indicatively at the paper. "But nobody saw him - they said it was a woman. So my theory is this; a mafia princess saw Taehyung in passing, thought he was gorgeous (because he is), and kidnapped him to be her sex slave forever more." You pause, watching Yoongi for his reaction.

Your brother yawns.

"Come on, Yoongi oppa," you groan. "I need your input here."

Sighing, Yoongi bows his head and runs his hands through his shiny black hair. Silverish highlights glimmer through the thin strands, reflecting in the kitchen lights.

"My input," he says, "Is to stop looking up his records and let the police handle his case. They're doing all they can, Y/N."

All they can isn't enough, though, not for you. The man you love is missing.

After the (failed) wedding on the beach, you, Yoongi, and Taehyung's family had waited with bated breath for contact from the runaway groom, waited to pounce on the man who broke your heart, pride, and wallet.

That contact never came.

Kim Taehyung was officially filed as a missing person two days later. And now, two weeks later, there's still been no trace of him. The only hint the police have gotten is a credit card charge at a gas station. No sightings, no contact, and no body. He isn't dead; you know that. You would feel that. However, he is missing .

And you're determined to find him.

"You're no help," you sigh, picking up your evidence and returning to your room. As you trudge back down the hall, Yoongi's cellphone rings.

"Hello?" you hear him answer, but the rest of the conversation is muffled when you slam your door shut.

Inside, your room is a mess.

The sheets are crumpled up and wrinkled from your tossing and turning at night, and coffee mugs litter the side table and dresser. Looking down, you realize that you've been in the same clothes for at least three days. You also don't know when the last time you showered was; you've been too busy hunting for any traces of your fiancé.

It just hasn't been worth it. Any energy that you could be spending on finding Taehyung needs to go toward finding Taehyung. Anything else you do should just be the bare necessities of life - using the restroom, eating and drinking.

Just things to keep you alive.

Footsteps outside your room make you look up with a frown.

Yoongi? Isn't he on the phone?

"I'm asking you on more time, Baekhyun," you hear your brother whisper. His voice is shaking and timid, an unusual thing for your tough-and-rough brother. "You saw the tape? You're positive?"

Baekhyun? That's Taehyung's cousin and closest friend.

Why is he calling Yoongi so early in the morning?