| 28 |

Finding himself crash landing into an unknown area is the exact opposite of what Seto had anticipated his return to the School of Creation was going to be, but here he is, bubbled and laying in a crater clutching his ankle. He can easily fall from a tall building, but can't scale a stupid gate? Sloppy work on his end. He hisses in pain while attempting to heal his ankle.

Must be fractured, Seto thinks to himself while squinting at the purple glow. Yeah, this going to take a while.

He needs to conserve his energy after this. He had no particular interest in learning healing, since he figured he wouldn't get injured on the battlefield. He cringes at his own stupidity for jumping the gate incorrectly; he could've just floated over it! Regardless, it's too late now to contemplate on his mistakes.

He's not sure how to approach this. He's use to Kyle healing him after he's sprained or broken something. He places both his hands on his ankle, focuses, and hopes for the best. Curse his weak stature. His body easily absorbs Sorcery and other things of the equivalent, but however, when it came to physical contact, he withers like an unwatered plant. Guess that's the punishment for being such a strong individual Sorcery wise.

When he realizes his healing isn't working, he rips a piece of cloth from his shirt and wraps it tightly around the fracture, making sure it's tight and secure. This is how casts work, right? He's not entirely sure, but he hopes the bone will stay in place and not damage more. He sighs, mutters something about being tired, and crawls out of the crater.

Seto has entirely no clue where the hell he was. From what he could see on the ground, there were some scattered trees here and there, but it was mostly a clearing. He can't fly, since he's been flying all day and wasting his stamina, so there would be no choice but to go on foot. Or, just go on what's left of his feet.

He scolds himself as he limps down eastwards and anticipates himself going no where. There's a tree, so he pauses and recollects himself in the shade. It's quiet, with a gentle breeze swaying over him in a peaceful manner. The sun would be setting soon, thankfully, and he'd have the opportunity to sleep. Under normal circumstances, to recharge he would've just drank a potion, but alas none were available and the materials he needed were not present. So, he shuts his eyes and listens to the sounds of nature.

The breeze picks up a bit and ruffles with his hair, chillingly even. There are no animals nearby, he can sense a bird flying by occasionally. Yeah, he can't sit like this forever, so he opens up his eyes again to see time hast passed at all. Walking leisurely would get him to some places, he'd just have to be wary of his foot.

He stands up again, hissing at the pain, and limps again eastward. He focuses, hearing the sounds of happy screams and people in that direction, particularly belonging to Hybrids. They're far, maybe about twenty miles east and two miles north. It's a tedious walk that surely would take over seven hours. By the second hour, he's sure that he'd have enough energy to fly the rest of the way.

He's pretty sure that the place he was going to wasn't the capital city he had once visited, maybe just another major city in the district. He's far away from the School of Creation, Seto knows that for sure. He needs a place to rest, quite desperately he may add, and maybe some medical attention for his stupid ankle. At this point, the pain was so bad he might as well cut off the whole foot!

He continues walking for about an hour before collapsing on the ground. He's weary and the sun that's been setting hasn't been so kind to him, either. It's close to dusk yet the heat was unbearable in his eyes. Yeah, dying out here from heatstroke wouldn't be a good idea either. There were no trees in sight, just tall, tan grass. It cushions him, lulling his body into a false sense of security for sleep. He snaps his eyes awake; Seto needs to keep going.