zero.

─ prologue: work of art

TO SAY THAT CONSTANCE was scared would be a complete understatement. She was terrified, her heart racing unbelievably fast. But she wanted this more than anything else. Being with him made her feel wanted. Like she was finally the center of someone's attention. As selfish as it sounded, it was all she had ever wanted.

The small hairs on neck seemed to stand up as he stroked her cheek softly, moving strands of her hair out of her face.

"Don't be afraid."

Constance couldn't seem to move as he leaned closer to her, his lips on hers and she slowly managed to get in sync with him. She realized that this moment was like a passionate and intimate dance that neither of them wanted to end. Her whole body seemed to ignite under his touch and her lips tingled as he kissed her with nothing but hunger and desire.

She felt the night gown that she was currently wearing fall to the ground. That was when he paused, eyes raking up and down her body, before looking her in the eyes.

"You are a work of art, Constance. Never forget it," Luca declared, his tone full of admiration.

A small smile broke out on Constance's face before she replied, "I won't."

That was when she leaned forward, continuing to kiss him.