Part 12

Pt 12:

Your POV

My fingers flipped the page of the book I had been completely obsessed with, grabbing the blanket on my legs I tugged it up further hoping it would war my cold bones. I already knew it wasn't going to warm me up, because this cold feeling has been in my body since the day he sent me away. I was just glad I could be in my dads office and not out on the field, it was so hard not to look at him today. It felt so good to step out of his office but as soon as I saw his brown hair I immediately moved my eyes to the ground. I didn't and couldn't look stupid him, I knew the fragile pieces of my heart would break once again and I wouldn't be able to take that. So I was just hiding myself from really the world so that I could heal my heart. I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard the front door open and shut, I leaned over to see who it was but leant back when I saw my dad hang up his coat. "How did practice go?", I asked my dad knowing I head left early so I could come home and rest. "Holland was acting like an idiot, he isn't running the plays and I'm fucking worried he's not going to be ok for finals. I don't know what's gotten into him", my father sighed sitting next me. "Maybe he's having personal issues", I shrugged going back to my book. "Are you ok love? We miss you at practice, we've missed you criticizing my plays and making them better", my dad tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Yeah, just not feeling myself dad", I sighed. "Is there anything I can do to help", he asked.

What was I supposed to tell him, yes why did you have t be an asshole and break Tom and I up. Make it better. Of course I wouldn't tell him that, I mean I could and he would totally do it since Tom himself wasn't performing at practice. After thinking about it though I didn't know if I wanted to say a thing to my dad, I was throughly pissed off at Tom for not standing up for us so why should I go running back if he hasn't man up and told my dad to let him have me. "I'll be fine dad, just give me some time", I smiled at him. "Can you help us tomorrow out of the field please, we need you", he gave me a sad look. "Fine, I'll be out there".