Chapter One

"Addison hurry up, Dr. Benson is leaving soon." Claire popped her head in my room, speaking in her usual soft tone. I sighed and zipped up my suitcase. "I'm ready." I mumbled, taking the handle and walking passed Claire. I walked down the creaking stairs I was so accustomed to. My suitcase dragged behind me, making a thumping noise as it hit each step. As I reached the last step, I looked up seeing a pale-skinned boy. Niall. He had golden hair but obviously dyed because his roots were a dark brown color. He never said anything to anyone, or at least that I saw. I didn't either, usually I only said small sentences, no more than six words, to anyone. I never made eye-contact with Niall either, which made me wonder what color his eyes were, and what they were hiding. I learned, with my many years of being with a therapist, how to read a person by using their eyes. Claire, for instance, she was a frightened girl. Something happened to her, a boyfriend probably. She was guarded but her eyes gave her away. Owen came down the stairs loudly, as usual, which made me look up. He was tall and built nicely, not too scrawny but not so big. He had dark, chocolate brown hair and green/hazel eyes. "You guys ready?" He grinned, trying to make conversation. "We still have to wait for Zeke." Claire said, not looking up at him. Owen sighed and looked at me. "I'll take your bag." He offered, smiling. I smiled a little and nodded. "Thank you." He picked it up and walked out to the truck as I followed him. "What do you think of this, the group project thing?" Owen asked after he put our stuff in the back. Out of everyone, he got the most conversation out of me. "It's ridiculous." I muttered. Owen nodded, then sighed. "Well maybe this will be good for us. On the brightside we get a change of scenery." He said, shrugging. I smiled a little and nodded. "Good point." I agreed. 

When Zeke was ready, Dr. Benson had us all get in his truck. I was stuck next to Claire and Owen, which didn't really bother me. They were okay company.  When we had arrived, I stepped out of the truck and instantly my nose was overwhelmed with the smell of pine trees and dirt. I wasn't so sure this was a good idea anymore.