chapter three

(( nialls point of view ))

i began unpacking, starting with my cd player and all of my albums. i set them down softly on my white wooden dresser.  i went back over to unpack a few more things, when i turned around, i saw a girl skimming over my cd's. i stood and stared at her for a second when suddenly she looked up. i suddenly got this feeling. butterflies filled my stomach and i caught myself staring at her awkwardly. 

"what is this garbage?" she says, breaking the silence and tossing the midnight memories cd at me. "garbage?" i laugh, looking down at the cd in my hand. she knods, with a smirk on her face. "wait so.. you dont know who i am?" i say quickly. "am i supposed to?" she says scracthing the back of her head. "no!" i reply quickly, a smile spreading across my face. it quickly fades once i realize there is a random girl in my room. "who are you anyways? and why are you in my room?" i say quietly.

"i'm violet harmon. and um i'm your new neighbor." she says slowly, as if she was questioning wether or not she lived next door? "oh well hi, im niall. niall horan." i say, my cheeks turning pink. "well, i guess i should let you unpack." she says, walking towards the door. i quickly grab her arm and she spins around. "can you come over tomorrow?" i say quickly without thinking. "i guess so." she says, her lips curling into a smile. "great." i say as she walks out the door. 

(( violets point of view ))

i slipped out of the room, avoiding another awkward silence. as i walked down the hallway, i ran into another boy. i didnt see him coming and i guess he hadnt seen me either. the box in his hands has fallen to the ground, and so had me and him. i looked up at him and our eyes met. it was quiet for a second until he opened his mouth, "why are you in my house?" he asked quietly. "oh, uh i was just stopping by, im your new neighbor.. violet." i said smiling and offering him my hand as i stood up. he quickly began picking his things up. "well im liam." he says quickly, "not that you didn't know that already." 

"what? whats that supposed to mean? have we met?" i say awkwardly. he looks at me in disbelief. "i've got to unpack." he says ignorantly, shoving past me. i shrug and walk out the front foor, only to end up in the basement. i sulked back to the corner where my parents and little brother had been 'resting'. before i reached them, i felt someone move past me. a look of horror crossed my face. i knew who it was. suddeenly it hit me. i couldnt talk to those boys, i couldnt begin to care about them. we all know how that would end up.