Always Outspoken ch.7

SEVEN:

Oh shit, I just kissed Jason. Was he mad? Cody is his best friend! Cody is my boyfriend! Oh shit shit shitty shit!

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to. I don't know what I was thinking," I said getting up quickly. I think I just ruined everything. Jason stood up too, but didn't say anything. He looked a little confused at first, but that kiss did feel pretty damn good.

"I'm such a horrible person," I said looking down at my hands, suddenly nervous to what Jason was going to say next.

"No you're not."

"Yes I am. I kissed you when you were just trying to make me feel better. And I already have a boyfriend, so I'm a terrible person!"

"No, you're just confused right now. It's okay," he reassured me. So he wasn't mad that I technically cheated on his best friend?

"Well I didn't mean to make things more confusing. We should just go home."

"Okay."

The ride home felt longer than on the way here. One stupid mistake changed the atmosphere just like that. What the hell was I thinking? I like Cody, I really do. Jason's right, I'm confused right now because of my family, whom I'm about to see. I wonder what they'll say when I walk in the house, close to ten at night.

Days went by, and Jason acted like we did nothing. I guess we didn't really, and I was thankful that we were friends again. I ended up not telling Cody about kissing Jason. Jason didn't mention it either, so things were fine between the three of us. I did, however, tell Beth and Tonya. They acted surprised, but it seemed a little fake to me. Either way, they promised not to tell Cody or Nate. I did still have some sort of feelings for Jason too, but I didn't share that with anyone.

I was at Cody's house on Saturday, watching TV with him when my phone rang; it was Beth. I sat up and answered right away.

"Hey Beth, what's up?"

"Sera," she sounded like she was...crying?

"What's wrong?"

"It's Jason. He's in the hospital because he was in a car accident-"

"What? We'll be right there!"

I told Cody the news and we both left in a hurry. I saw Beth at the entrance, and she told us what happened.

"He was driving his mom's car last night, and there was a drunk driver. His mom just called me and said we could see him because he's stable now."

"Oh my God," I said quietly. I immediately followed Beth to the room, not even noticing the tears slowly streaming down my face once I saw him. Was this really happening? His arm appeared to be broken and he had a bandage above his right eyebrow too. I couldn't see if anything else was broken because he was under the sheets of the hospital bed.

"Hey guys." So he was awake.

"We just heard what happened. Are you okay? I mean, clearly you're not, but we're so happy you're alive and-"

"Geez, don't overwhelm him Sera," Beth joked. I was too worried to joke about anything now.

"Yeah man, I'm glad you're okay," Cody said.

"Me too," Beth added, "I'm going to get some coffee, I'll be right back."

"I'll go with you. You want any Sera?" Cody asked.

"No thanks." He nodded, and they both left in search for decent hospital coffee.

I sat in the chair next to Jason's bed, putting my hand on his arm that wasn't broken.