Eternal

Long time ago it was said that humans and angels lived among each peacefully on earth. They lived with an unspoken contract of not mixing with each other even though this coexistence had advantages for the both sides. Angels, gifted with knowledge and power, taught humans about the sun and the moon, about the stars and the universe. While the humans, even though they were lacking of knowledge, they were familiar with other gifts like feelings and emotions.

Humans secretly named their fairy friends 'the stone-faced creatures' because angels never showed any kind of emotion on their faces, not even a single smile. Although it was strange to the humans at first they learned to adjust with that.

But you know how they say, in every kind there is someone who is different from the others. His name was known as Jimin. When he was walking down on earth, his presence was like a glowing sun. But what was most confusing to the humans and the angels was his face. Or more the emotions he showed on it, just like the humans. There was a rumor that he was born from an angel father and a human mother. But both kinds found it absurd because there was no such as connection between the humans and angels, since the angels were incapable of loving. No relationships, no love, nothing...

Ara was just an ordinary human girl and there was nothing special about her. She was in her early twenties and she lived with her mother. 

There was a myth that if human girls drank from the 'Fountain of God' every day, they would be priced with beauty and intelligence. That's why her mother advised her to do it, so she will be both, beautiful and bright. 

Ara was known as a free spirited girl, and at first she disobeyed her mother. When she thought that Ara was going to the fountain, which was located deep in the woods, Ara was actually exploring the nature and the greatness it offered. That was until one day, Ara found the fountain unintentionally, without her figuring it out.

The place seemed like magical to her, but it was not because of the fountain, it was because of him. The fountain was old, grey stone build and covered with grass all over. It was nothing appealing and fascinating to her. Instead her eyes were locked on the man who was sitting on a bench near it, lost in the book he was reading and completely unaware of her presence.

She hid herself in the near bushes, absorbing every sight of him. She was familiar with his face. He was that one, the one everyone was talking about. He was the angel who could show emotions and she couldn't help but be fascinated by him. His presence was engaging and it was like magnetizing her to near him.

The bench that he was sitting on, was located under a tree with thick leaves, blinding the sun. The small amount of rays that managed to break through illuminated his body, making him look more angelic than the others. His blond locks were falling over his forehead, hiding his face from Ara's sight. She wanted to see his eyes, wondering if they were green or blue like crystal water, or maybe they were amber colored.

"You can join me if you like", he startled her, speaking quietly without even lifting his head from the book. It was the first time she heard his voice, and the smoothness in it made her think what would he sound like if he sang.

"I don't want to be a bother", she said appearing from behind the bushes since there was no point in hiding anymore. Her face was red and burning from the embarrassment she felt.

"Nonsense. Come, sit with me. I'll tell you about the book that I'm reading". He lifted his head, meeting her eyes for the first time and she found out. They were round and big and his irises had a warm shades of brown, making his face even more beautiful.

With heavy and slow steps she neared him, while he was absorbing everything about her. Never, before in his existence, a human caught his attention like her. Her long brown hair was waving behind and when the sun went thought her bouncy locks, he found himself lacking out of breath. That was until he clearly saw her eyes. The blue color in them was pouring kindness and pureness all over her face. That was when he first felt the pounding in the left side of his chest. Was it a heartbeat that he read about, he thought. But that was impossible, he was an angel and angels didn't have a heart.