First step towards my end

Dear YOU;

For a long time I had made myself believe that I am okay, that it was all in the past.

For a long time I thought there's nothing wrong.

Until I saw her.

It was her before me and it was still her after me.

It was funny how l became drawn and held captive by your sweet words. I realize now how stupidly I assumed that you and me- WE were even possible.

I have no one else to blame but myself.

Myself who became blind, deaf, and attached to you.

Blind to the fact that you just used me because she left you.

I was happy and contented being your friend but then you start flattering me until my perfectly fine self take that first step towards my end. I should've known then.

Along the way I can hear them whispering to one another while looking at us-I mean looking at you and me. They were saying that you're just using me or you picked me because you have no other choice. But I knew you so I ignored them and chose to stay.

And now I am sitting in a big crowd, everyone seems happy singing along with Bruno Mars' "Versace on the floor". Everyone is cheering, everyone except me. Me whose just here because there happens to be a school event.

The person beside me right now kept talking and talking about her favorite band and I as a good person; pretended to listen to her until my eyes caught something.

Something that I knew would eventually happen but actually seeing it now I can't help myself. I thought I'm already fine. I thought...

But even in these big crowd I still manage to see you. Well I think I should be commended for that but it seems like you are the one that needed to be congratulated. Since you're finally back with her.

Congratulations YOU.

Don't get me wrong I'm not making you feel guilty through this letter because I'm the one who is at fault. I'm the one responsible for my decisions. I can choose to held my ground but I became weak. Too weak to even say no when we've reached the end or in this case my end.

Once more you offered your hand to me and said

"Friends?"

"Friends" I shook your hand and smiled

Sincerly your
Friend