Chapter 4/an angel of insanity

A/N OK we lied about the ability to detect how quickly you flicked to the next chapter and use it to decide which chapter you get. In our defence, we did suggest it to Wattpad so it might appear at some point ( in which case we did). We are using the new wattpad feature which allows us to notice you are a girl in the age of 13-25 ( no we're not going to write your actual age on a page. We are not pigs). Scary accurate right? That's the internet for you.   Well, if you don't want a certain person ( mentioning no names)  to know your reading books on wattpad when you should be getting on with you-know-what, we suggest you read the chapter and maybe even vote (hint hint). RK 

2.5 miles above the ground next to the Woodshield Archology. 

The girl started to obey the laws of physics and began falling. She reached into her sleeve and pulled out the lipstick. She put it in her nose sideways. This activated the two-minute solid oxygen supply which she breathed.

"Echo one where the fuck are you?" she shouted the cold wind ripped past her ears.

The girl let the empty gun go. She and it were now falling. Holding one arm out, she flipped on to her stomach. She could see the city, the other towers and the path of huge balloon animals below marching past the base of the tower.

"Madam," said and a voice in her ear. This was the Bluetooth connection, not radio so the robot was close.

The girl search around trying to ignore the ground rapidly approaching. Finally, she saw the robot falling at maximum velocity near her. He moved and flew toward her. The robot had four arms and two held position out as the other two grabbed her and put straps around her.

"Contact Madam I have you," said the robot just as they had rehearsed.

She let out a rebel yell of joy like she was having fun on a fairground ride.

"GOOD TRY GIRL" said Duck-face's voice on the radio "Now try this!"

At this point closer to the ground and high above the parade, a huge balloon rhinoceros exploded. Many on the ground had debated its faithfulness to the real the real animated star Rehana  the rhinoceros. This period of debate was futile as it contained a mini EMP (Electro magnetic pulse) device. There was a bright white flash. The electromagnetic pulse of radiation spread out then everything electronic and digital went dead.

The girl's mental reactions in order were - good idea, why didn't I think of that? Run an EMP device and short every electronic device out. Every electronic device included robots and the digital defences. Then shoot the target as normal, assuming he was on the balcony at the time.

Her second reaction was FUCK- THE ROBOT! Her robot would be dead too. No robot no parachute, no parachute and she would be a mile high suicide. The ground was rushing towards them. The tops of nearby towers started to emerge from the grey mist below.

The girl let out a stream of expletives as she held out her arms and flipped the robot and her over. She released the robots safety harness.

"Fuck," she said discovering the lifeless robot.  By the light of the high moon the wall of the tower next to her getting bigger and bigger. It was blurred as floor after floor, short past her.

"Fuck reboot!" she said pushing the back of his head forward. It was difficult, her fingers cold. The wind was like when some giant kept joking by pulling at your arms. She pushed the reboot button all her strength. The robot let out a weird bing sound. It straightened out and it's face showed a little black screen with a wait message and a small line starting up.

"Boot faster! you fuck" screamed the girl. "Boot or I'll never buy an Android based robot again!"

It was then it was light enough to see the parade balloons below her. Holding on to the robot with her legs she used her arms to steer towards the balloons. They approached rapidly. She then closed her eyes as she and robot bounced into the balloon effigy of that childhood favourite Thomas the Tapir. The balloon absorbed all the impact like a massive airbag then as soon as she stopped she was being shot out again. The crowd below was in confusion after the blackout above. Their phones had all given out while filming the parade.  

Just as the girl could see their faces she felt the robot grab her and then the parachute opened and she was drifting down.

"Fuck I'm alive!" was all she could say as the robot released her and landed on the ground behind her. The girl stood up and put her arms in the air in salute like an Olympic gymnast who has just dismounted the beam. 

***

Back on the observation deck, Barry high above them was in shock walking back from the observation deck. A robot was taking him to safely while it debrief him.  Suddenly behind Barry the disk the girl had attached to the glass exploded. Barry looked back to see the combination of bomb and EMP device had blown the active skin which held up the observation deck. There was creaking and groaning. Suddenly the observation deck gave way and began to fall. Barry retreated into the archology.

****

The girl looked up and saw both explosions and it was at this point she saw shots coming down. The shots came from robots. Some of the robots had been inside shielded from the EMP when it had struck. They had jumped after her and were using their machine guns as retro rockets to help land. Others who were either empty of ammo or had taken the EMP shock just hit the ground like huge metal rotten tomatoes.

"That's so unfair!" She shouted "I'm going to report you to the fleeing the police commission!" the girl shouted.

Despite all the hardship of re-entry and rebooting the robot had managed an almost Space-x level of accuracy to land at one of the preplanned landing points. The girl swiped at the chords holding the parachute freeing the robot.

"Madam the motor cycle." Said the robot pointing to a nearby dark alleyway.

****

A/N I must apologise for my co-author's complete lack of any brain capacity. I can't believe he tried to blackmail you into voting for the chapter.  That's like completely ridiculous underhanded and well just bad manners. I told him, he shouldn't try to blackmail you into voting for a chapter. That's terrible.  No, I told him he should get to you to vote for the entire book.  No no, that was a joke!!! Honestly, don't take anything we say seriously. It's not like this is Twilight or anything. Perhaps you should retaliate by tweeting ' #RKAdams is a dangerous author and should have his artistic licence taken away or something'. Actually, do that after you read the next chapter it's quite good.  Reb.