Chapter 1

"Hey David!" Jason said.

Jason is the son of Inferno. He is one of the special children that have special powers, like handling weapons with incredible handling and precision. I am also a special child.

"What?" I said.

"We're doing capture the flag today!" We have different activities every day except Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, because those days are our hunting days.

"I'll be there in 5!" I said.

I then felt a presence of fright shiver through me. It felt like I was being strangled. Walking through the campus, the pain went away.

Our counselor, Mr. J, is at the front perch yapping all about the game and who would win. He seems so biased that my enemy team would win, but I have hope.

We moved to our starting points, at the eastern edge of the forest, talking tactics and making formations. Jason, Riley, a kid from Hut 3 (Aselous) and I are the flanking team, as usual.

"Let's move through the south side, where me and Jason can set traps to make an impression that the flanking team won't move through the South. Then David can maneuver through them as usual for the best possible outcome." Riley said.

"We did that last game! It's really predictable for this game." Jason replied.

"Who knows? It can be considered as reverse psychology. Playing tricks on the brain is always the hardest."
"Stop bragging Riley. Just cause you can play with minds don't mean you're the best in the battlefield."

"Guys. Now's not the time." I said aloud, over the two arguing. "Just go with Riley's plan, and improvise from there." We went as planned, but Jason on the other hand looked like he wanted to kill the both of us. He hated being wrong, especially when it comes to strategies and combat. The horn blew and we ran immediately to the South Gate, where we placed obnoxious traps to caution the enemy team. The rest of our team was in the middle, and a couple of Hut 2 (Inferno) kids were going North. After trapped have been placed, Jason and I went back to the middle to help our team, and let Riley alone hidden to wait for a possible enemy flank.

The middle part of the "play-ground" was an enormous forest, with a river cutting the two teams in half. We call it Holy River, since it is incredibly clear, and it also gives a 'holy' vibe when crossed. We've already made progress, With Hut 2 and Hut 4 (Krypton) putting traps and sandbags to further our chances of winning. "So far so good", I thought. The opposite team has not crossed Holy River and we've already started to make sturdy one-way bridges. Suddenly, I felt a knife at my back. I thought it was Jason playing around with me, but then a light whisper said, "Don't call for backup, or your over, brother." I just got sneaked up by my 14 year old sister, Julia. She must have jumped through shadows to get to me, which is very tiring.

"Aren't you tired lil sis? It's not often when you jump shadows to go directly to me." I replied. "You should also be more cautious, I'm not alone you know." Jason then comes up behind her with a perfectly placed dagger onto her neck, almost cutting her.

"Not so fast, Julia. We can't fall for that one again." He said with a smirk.

"Bring her to our jail man, we can't afford another sneak up like that." I ordered. He didn't object. In fact, he probably didn't even hear me, since he was already walking towards our jail.

Suddenly, I hear a voice, and it sounded very familiar. The it became louder, and I realized it was Riley. She is in my head, and is trying to say something. 

"Watch out! My brother is signaling waves! He's controlling one of us!"

"I'll be on the lookout!"I said, with a concerned tone. I looked everywhere, but I didn't see anyone suspicious. Then BAM! I just got whacked in the head. Great time isn't it? 

I had a dream about my mom, and how she cooked pancakes and waffles together to make a combined taste, which I really didn't get, but I was about to taste that amazing mixture and------DAD! You really had to ruin my dream did you?

"Sorry kid, I didn't know. Anyways, I have news. You're going on a quest, and this one will ruin our peace. I'll tell you more later, and I'll arrange a meeting after your game. Looks like you'll be waking up soon anyways. Bye kid."

WAIT DAD!

"What?"

Is this about the rumor of the others?

"You'll know tomorrow. Good luck on your game, and don't fail me." He said, with a voice that seemed like it was away from the brain, like if the brain was somewhere else, thinking.