New town, Old history

I never really knew my mother, and I had never heard anything about who my father is.  All I knew was that she was going to come back for me someday. My name is Lexi Gilbert, and that is my story.

      There was a time I would have never wondered about my mother and father, but recently I have come to realize that there is more to my parents story than what I was told. My name is Lexi Miranda Gilbert,  and I am 17 years old.  I live with my two aunts Caroline and Bonnie. 

       They have raised me since the day I was born. My aunt Caroline is the fashion one.  She is always wanting too go shopping and play dress up, and aunt Bonnie was always the mature one.  I had a great childhood and I wouldn't have asked for a better one.  Until were moved to a small town called Mystic Falls.

       It is a small town in the state of Virgina, and really it is actually really cute.  I wondered why we had moved,  we were doing fine in New York,  but aunt Caroline said that there was a family emergency that she has to take care of.  As we pull up to our new place I notice two guys standing outside.

       "Who are they?" I asked as we get closer, and closer to the house.

       Aunt Caroline responded with family friends. As they parked the car they told me to wait in the car. So I did, and realized that these guys were in some of the pictures that I had to pack up. After about five minutes Bonnie opens the door and says it's ok for me to come out. 

       I got out of the car and the look on those guys faces was as if they had seen a ghost.  I didn't understand want they were staring at me. 

       "Hi my name is Stefan and this is Damon, and you're name?" He asked as I  stared into his green eyes.

       "Lexi, Lexi Gilbert." I said in a formal tone. Stefan looked stunned by what I had said. I didn't know if I had said something bad, but we went on our way to get settled into our rooms. 

        Stefan stayed to help me get unpacked.  He told me that he had known Caroline and Bonnie since high school. I asked if he knew my mom and dad.  He said he knew my mom but not my dad.

         I became curious after that. I had always wanted to know more about my mother. There was always stories about her as I grew up but not anymore. I asked Stefan to tell me about her.  All he could say was, was that she was the only one to see the good in him.

         After that he left and I finished unpacking. It was about eight o'clock when I finally decided to see what was for dinner. As I walked down the stairs I heard aunt Caroline screaming. As I got closer I could finally understand what she was saying.

         "I don't care what you think Stefan I am not going to tell her!!" She screamed.

         "She has a right to know who here father is, and you three were the only ones to know. Me and Damon want to know as well." Stefan stated as Damon poured himself another glass of bourbon.

         "I don't care what you want. I am under strict rules fron Elena, and I don't plan on breaking those rules." When aunt Caroline said that I knew that she had talked to my mother. 

         After that I walked into the room and just looked at them. They had all had contacted with my mother recently, and no one had told me.

          "So when were you going too tell me that you had talked to my mother?" I asked with such a look on my face that it could have killed.