Chapter 2

Chase looked over at the clock on his bedside table. 11.54, only six minutes until he was fifteen. 

"I don't have to go ask to sleep in there again. I'm old enough to sleep on my own." He told himself, trying to ignore the loneliness that gnawed at his insides. He sat up and counted down the minutes. "Happy Birthday." He whispered to himself as the clock struck midnight. He looked at the teddy that sat next to him. "I can sleep on my own." He told himself, failing to make it sound convincing.  

Sighing in defeat, Chase stood and walked down the hall, knocking softly on Yukans door again. When Yukan saw who it was, he just stod to the side and let him in.

"Lonely again?" He asked as they settled in the bed. Chase nodded, feeling the tiredness take over. "Next time, you don't have to knock, just climb in, ok?" Yukan yawned, wrapping his arms around Chase  and snuggling into him. 

Chase sat in his room, staring at the teddy that sat in his lap. Everyone had been out all day and there had been no one to spend the day with. Even Yukan was out, he had work and wouldn't be home till every one got back from school. Staring at the black buttons that were the teddys eyes, Chase began to wish his brothers were here.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Yukan asked, walking in. "Why are you crying?" He'd found Chase sitting in his dark room, huddled up on his bed and crying.

"I'm not crying." Chase replied, wiping the tears away. Yukan just sat next to him and put an arm around him.

"You can't lie to me. Tell me what's wrong." Yukan pulled him close and let him bury his face into him.

"Nothing." He replied, holding onto him tightly.

"You got lonely again, didn't you?" He asked, waiting for him to reply. Chase nodded after a moment. "Missing your brothers again?" Chase nodded. 

"I usually hate birthday punches. But it just make me miss them even more." Chase explained.  

"Today's your birthday?" Yukan asked. He nodded. "You idiot. Why didn't you tell me? I would have at least gotten you a present!!" Yukan exclaimed.  

"I don't want presents." Chase said. 

"Did you just want someone to spend the day with?" Yukan asked, guessing. Chase nodded. "Well, to make up for it, I'll spend the rest of the night with you, how's that?" he announced, grinning brightly. Chase looked up and smiled, making Yukan freeze. "You... just smiled.... For the first time since I met you!!" He grinnedeven wider than before, hugging Chase tightly. Chase felt his face heat up again. 

"Uh.... Your crushing me." He choked out. Yukan loosened his grip, but didn't let go. Chase hugged him back, just happy he had someone there.

"Oh!! Come on!!"Yukan stood suddenly, pulling Chase up with him and dragging him out. 

"Where are we going?" Chase asked. 

"Its a suprise!" Yukan grinned widely. 

"But, you just got home."  Chase protested as they went outside.

"That doesn't matter. It's your birthday." Yukan placing a helmet on Chases head and doing it up. "Hop on," Yukan said, "and hang on tight." Chase followed his orders and wrapped his arms tightly around Yukans waist.  As they sped off, Chase couldn't help but wonder where he was being taken. 

They stopped outside a conveinience store. 

"Pick out any cake you want!" Yukan ordered, watching Chase look over them. As he waited for Chase to finish, something sitting on a nearby shelf caught his eye. He walked over to take a closer look when Chase looked up.