"I'm-"

Today is the day. Today I'm gonna tell them that I'm having a kid with Jared. They've been here for 6 days now and I'm starting too feel like I'm hiding it too much for them. I can't explain the morning sickness, what wakes me and Jared up everyday at 6am. He always has me in a dead grip when we're asleep, I love it, but it doesn't help when I have to puke every morning.

Anyways, now I'm sitting with my parents, brother and Jared at the dinner table. The conversation died after a while and it seemed like the best time to tell them. I looked at Jared, with a look that said, 'I'm gonna tell them now'. He nodded.

"Mom, dad, we have something that we want to tell you." I took Jared's hand under the table. He squeezed it gently.

"I'm-"

"You're not pregnant are you?" Mom asked, not knowing just yet if it was excitement or not.

I nodded, "I am."

Dad basically choked on his drink, mom just squealed and Alex just looked at me and asked, "How the fuck did you manage to get knocked up?"

I didn't know if I had to be offended by that or not. "Jared is the father."

"Okay, it's maybe a little soon in the relationship, but you're 27, plus I want a grand kid before I die" dad said.

"I'm so proud of you, finally a little one running around. All those tiny clothes."